The Student Room Group

Finance

Hi I start an undergraduate degree with Open University on 7th October. I applied for finance a while ago and have just sent in additional information to hopefully qualify for maintenance loans. I’ve sent in a ‘fit for work’ note from my doctor stating my disability. Will this be enough evidence? Also how long am I looking before being approved as my course starts in 3 weeks. The university has stated that my tuition loan hasn’t been approved yet either despite my initial application being about 2 months ago
Original post by PeterrrL
Hi I start an undergraduate degree with Open University on 7th October. I applied for finance a while ago and have just sent in additional information to hopefully qualify for maintenance loans. I’ve sent in a ‘fit for work’ note from my doctor stating my disability. Will this be enough evidence? Also how long am I looking before being approved as my course starts in 3 weeks. The university has stated that my tuition loan hasn’t been approved yet either despite my initial application being about 2 months ago

Hi Peter,

As long as the evidence confirms that distance learning is your only option then this should be sufficient. We do advise an estimated 26 working days for the evidence to be reviewed from when we receive it. If you keep an eye on your account for this updating. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Peter,

As long as the evidence confirms that distance learning is your only option then this should be sufficient. We do advise an estimated 26 working days for the evidence to be reviewed from when we receive it. If you keep an eye on your account for this updating. Thanks, Jason

Hi it only states my illness and workplace adaptations
Original post by PeterrrL
Hi it only states my illness and workplace adaptations

I would also advise an updated letter stating that 'distance learning is your only option' as the assessors may require this in order to award you the funding. You can wait however for them to send you a letter confirming if they do need further evidence and it will state exactly what is needed on the letter. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending