The Student Room Group

Going cinema alone

So Spider Man Far From Home is coming out later this week and I am really excited to see this movie but the thing is a lot of my friends aren't able to come so I'm planning on going alone. Is it weird to go cinema on your own because I'm worried someone I know might see me alone.

Scroll to see replies

I go to the cinema alone all the time. It's not a social activity. You go and sit in the dark, unable to talk for a few hours. If you're that worried about someone seeing you then you could say a friend was supposed to come but couldn't and you'd already bought your ticket so decided to go anyway. But really nobody gives a ****
It's not weird. I agree with above poster. You sit in silence for 2 hours watching something. It is the most anti social activity going.

People are really terrified of doing anything alone. Soon you'll need your friend to wipe your arse and flush the toilet 🤡
Not weird at all.
Original post by Anonymous
So Spider Man Far From Home is coming out later this week and I am really excited to see this movie but the thing is a lot of my friends aren't able to come so I'm planning on going alone. Is it weird to go cinema on your own because I'm worried someone I know might see me alone.

I go cinema alone all the time and don't care what anyone thinks. Stop worrying about if someone sees you in the cinema on your on own. If you wanna go, go. No shame in going cinema by yourself.
I do it all the time, for example, last Tuesday, I went to see Pokémon Detective Pikachu. :smile:
Reply 6
@xoxAngel_Kxox and @Jasyy it's time again! :biggrin:

Unless the OP goes and meets the OP of this post and wants some alone time...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5935154

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
its not weird. plus most of the time your sat in a dark room so no one will see you anyway
I do this all the time - haven’t died or been attacked by Martians 👽 yet
Reply 9
I saw Endgame alone twice. I'm not talking to people during the film so what's the point.

Don't you mean next month rather than this week though or am I mistaken? My ticket is for July 2nd.
not even remotely weird. I go to the cinema like 3 times a week, on my own. who gives a flying ****. I'm going to watch a film not talk to people.
If I am attacked by aliens whilst watching a film 🎥, I will come back and start an AMA thread on tsr.
I saw Kingsman the Golden Cycle alone and I had no shame what so ever.
Spider-Man: Far From Home doesn't come out until the 2nd of July.
Reply 14
FFWD into the future...

Were you probed?!
Original post by Oxford Mum
If I am attacked by aliens whilst watching a film 🎥, I will come back and start an AMA thread on tsr.
Somebody’s been listening to Katy Perry! Will tell you all the gory details as and if it happens
Reply 16
Will you be changing your nick to Martian Mum?
Original post by Oxford Mum
Somebody’s been listening to Katy Perry! Will tell you all the gory details as and if it happens
That or space oddity
Haha where are you going to see it? If you're anywhere near where I live you can come with me and a few others if you want :P.
I think it’s very liberating when you don’t have to rely on other people all the time. I’ve eaten at restaurants and travelled by myself. Nobody will care.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending