The Student Room Group

ask me anything :)

I'm a 16 year old Indian girl who has quite strict parents and a brother who got no less than A*s at GCSE and A level. Live in England and go to a Catholic school (I am not Catholic). Ask me anything. Anything at all.
do ur parents compare u with with ur brother? (bc I am an only child and my parents want me to get A* as well )
what religion r u? (if u don't mind me asking)
was it hard to get into a catholic skl? (I applied for one once since I used to go to a catholic skl when I was younger but they never took me in bc I am not catholic)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 16 year old Indian girl who has quite strict parents and a brother who got no less than A*s at GCSE and A level. Live in England and go to a Catholic school (I am not Catholic). Ask me anything. Anything at all.
Reply 2
They don't think they compare me but sometimes i can't help but feel like they do. Just little things like "your brother used to revise all the time" would make me feel compared to him. I look up to him as he's done so well but i am nowhere near as intellectual as him.
My family are Sikh but i don't think it's right to call myself that. I don't know anything about the religion and only go to the temple like once or twice a year for weddings or festivals. I identify as agnostic but my parents didn't take that well.
It wasn't really hard because they accepted people not based on religion, but on their SAT results and feedback from primary school teachers. The school you applied for was probably more prestigious than the one i go to.
Original post by help_me_learn
do ur parents compare u with with ur brother? (bc I am an only child and my parents want me to get A* as well )
what religion r u? (if u don't mind me asking)
was it hard to get into a catholic skl? (I applied for one once since I used to go to a catholic skl when I was younger but they never took me in bc I am not catholic)
Reply 3
If the whole universe was in a hot dense state,
And nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
The Earth began to cool,
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
Math, science, history, unraveling the mystery,
That all started with the big bang (bang)!
Then why does my blood hurt?
Reply 4
Original post by Elektra06
If the whole universe was in a hot dense state,
And nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
The Earth began to cool,
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
Math, science, history, unraveling the mystery,
That all started with the big bang (bang)!
Then why does my blood hurt?

idk what to tell you man

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending