The Student Room Group

Modern Languages Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pon1de2replay3
hello anyone who applied to bath - which course code did you put on your ucas application? the standard R900 one for just 'Modern Languages' or the specific one e.g. Modern Languages (French Advanced, German Advanced) RFGA??
The Bath website says R900 but surely the specific code makes more sense? probably a stupid panic but just wondering what others put bc my sixth form office is useless x

You put R900 as the code and then where it says additional information you buy the FAGA bit of whatever you’re specific courses are
Reply 81
nah i havent finished my personal statement yet im just finding it wayyy too hard to write, have you had any offers yet?? x

(Sorry locked out of my account lol) Yeah I've got offers from Queen Mary, Bristol, UCL and Bath yesterday! I know I had to make my spanish teacher sort it out with me because I found it really hard to condense stuff and what content to put in that shows I'm passionate :biggrin:. Where are you thinking of firming? x
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by dsyd
(Sorry locked out of my account lol) Yeah I've got offers from Queen Mary, Bristol, UCL and Bath yesterday! I know I had to make my spanish teacher sort it out with me because I found it really hard to condense stuff and what content to put in that shows I'm passionate :biggrin:. Where are you thinking of firming? x

no worries and well done!! probably either bath or durham, prefer the bath course but durhams a better place so idk, what about you? and im finally sending off my statement on monday so then ill just have to wait and see x
hello anyone who applied to bath - which course code did you put on your ucas application? the standard R900 one for just 'Modern Languages' or the specific one e.g. Modern Languages (French Advanced, German Advanced) RFGA??
The Bath website says R900 but surely the specific code makes more sense? probably a stupid panic but just wondering what others put bc my sixth form office is useless x

Hello! I applied to Bath for the R900 course, but on the website they ask you to specify what you'll be doing on the UCAS website, so for me, I put SA(Spanish Advanced) and FA(French Advanced).
Original post by dsyd
Hi! I'm applying to Bath too. Bath looks so cute and they have really great graduate prospects too because of their connections and departmental resources, which is why I'm still confused as why their entrance grades are soooo low. I'm applying for Spanish and ab initio Italian and I really wanna get in. I just don't know when they'll reply because everyone that I've seen that's applying to bath is in the sciences… x

Hi! I'm applying to Bath to do Spanish and ab initio Italian as well. Have you sent off your application?
Original post by jostephens
Hello! I applied to Bath for the R900 course, but on the website they ask you to specify what you'll be doing on the UCAS website, so for me, I put SA(Spanish Advanced) and FA(French Advanced).

perfect thank you ill do that then, other one seems a bit risky haha x
Any series recommendations in Spanish?
What language(s) do you want to study: Spanish and Chinese
Universities you're applying to: Lancaster, Warwick, Birmingham, Leeds and Bangor
A level subjects: English Lit, Sociology and Spanish
GCSE grades: 776666648B
What have you been reading/watching : A lot of Guillermo del Toro, Chicas de cable and reading some Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Original post by CiaraLouise

Elite!! It’s on Netflix

El Angel is a really good film I think!
Original post by hxnnahxx
Elite!! It’s on Netflix

Thanks!
Original post by maddyjm02
El Angel is a really good film I think!

Thanks!
Original post by jostephens
What language(s) do you want to study: French and Spanish
Universities you're applying to: Lancaster, Bath, Edinburgh, Nottingham and Portsmouth
A level subjects: French, Spanish, Art
GCSE grades:8777666665
What have you been reading/watching : Watching: La Casa De Papel (would recommend!!), Elite, Zone Blanche, Criminal France, Criminal Spain, Marianne, The Chalet, Toc Toc( I LOVE this film - would really recommend if anyone has Netflix), Black Spot Reading: The History of Modern France From The Revolution to the War On Terror, Las Manos Pequenas

Where do you want to firm? I loved Lancaster on the open day!
Where do you want to firm? I loved Lancaster on the open day!

I think I will firm Lancaster! I got an offer today for 3 B's if I firm it, and since it's my top choice I'm so happy!

Have you sent off your application yet?

La Casa de las Flores, Los Tiempos de Guerra (Love in Times of War)
Reply 95
no worries and well done!! probably either bath or durham, prefer the bath course but durhams a better place so idk, what about you? and im finally sending off my statement on monday so then ill just have to wait and see x

Tysm!! Luckily languages is quite undersubscribed and so many combinations and options to do so I'm sure you'll do fine! x
Original post by Margostrongmann
Hi everyone,

I thought I would create a thread about modern language applications 2020!

What language(s) do you want to study:
Universities you're applying to:
A level subjects:
GCSE grades:
What have you been reading/watching :smile: :

English and Spanish
Oxford, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester and Bristol
English Lit, History, Spanish
9A*s 1B
Original post by sarah12178
English and Spanish
Oxford, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester and Bristol