The Student Room Group

should i take further maths a level?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glaz
I'm just finishing year 12 this summer, so I can't really tell you from an academic perspective or whatever. I wanted to take FM because I love M and I'm pretty good at it, but my parents (teachers) and my brother and sister all told me that people don't usually take FM unless they plan to do something maths oriented in the future. My sister did FM A-Level and she dropped it after AS because she just didn't need it.

oh right i get u. honestly i have cant think of other subjects i could take instead so i may as well
Original post by stoyfan
If you are considering accountancy as a possible career path, then you may want to choose economics.

Economics has literally no accountancy in the course, and even economics degrees do not require Economics A level. However, it is an interesting subject.

Further maths is really worthwhile to take and makes A level maths seem relatively easy. I'd definitely recommend at least trying! If you don't like the workload you can drop, but you can't easily pick up further maths if you change your mind. Of course it depends on your college so it's worth finding out.

Quick Reply

Latest