The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

He's not Jesus, he's a very naughty boy.
Original post by CoolCavy
Shine jesus shine was also a tune :thrasher:

Our Lord washed the disciples' feet & mentioned sandals once or twice, but saying that he cleaned shoes is unbiblical.

I don't remember him playing that one, though I do know it.

I've still got a copy of the hymn book we had at that school - there was a copy missing its cover in our classroom's bin one day, and I rescued it and brought it home. Its missing cover was all that was wrong with it. I also have the Gideon Bible I was given at secondary school on my bedside table, dated 05/10/2001 :lol:
Just block it
Excuse me if I'm being completely ignorant here, but why is it you find it offensive?

Dancing is a positive thing and I'm sure he would have liked a little boogie every now and then.
Original post by the bear
Our Lord washed the disciples' feet & mentioned sandals once or twice, but saying that he cleaned shoes is unbiblical.

[scroll] [/scroll]

[scrollr] [/scrollr]

[scroll] [/scroll]
:dice:

I think it’s a good tune as well (and I’m a Muslim :P)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by BeetRoots
He's not Jesus, he's a very naughty boy.

:spank:

Original post by Yasmin1224
Just block it

:yy:

:jebus:

Screenshot (496).png
Gotta love this thread. One serious guy. And a whole thread full of people either laughing, posting more humorous content or just being wise-asses in general. What were your favourite replies? mine was the dance jesus song.

(Original post by Trinculo)
I danced on the Sabbath
And I cured the lame;
The holy people
Said it was a shame.
They whipped and they stripped
And they hung Me on high,
And they left Me there
On a Cross to die.
Dance, then, wherever you may be,
I am the Lord of the Dance, said He,
And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be,
And I'll lead you all in the Dance, said He
Here’s an emoji just for you, OP: ❄️❄️❄️❄️
Do you consider Sydney Carter's hymn "Lord Of The Dance" offensive too?
From a catholic more concerned about interfaith dialogue, religious pluralism and the vatican properly dealing with all allegations of rape & child sex abuse made against members of the clergy.
Reply 52
So can we now have a dancing Muhammad in the name of equality? :colone:
Reply 53
How dare they draw the Prophet Jesus (PBUH)
Original post by Sophia970
I have just come across a “dancing Jesus” emoticon which I find highly offensive. As a Catholic I felt disappointed and disgusted seeing that used or even on this website how can I report it
I have just come across a “dancing Jesus” emoticon which I find highly offensive. As a Catholic I felt disappointed and disgusted seeing that used or even on this website how can I report it

I'm offended that you believe fairy tales. We don't have the right not to be offended, as it's a personal choice.
Original post by RogerOxon
I'm offended that you believe fairy tales We don't have the right not to be offended, as it's a personal choice.

Put the fedora down and come out with your hands up
*hears police car with salmiakki-fuelled hearing*
(edited 4 years ago)
I'm not Christian, but I can see why it can be offensive to be fair
Reply 57
Bread and wine represents his flesh and blood it symbolizes the sacrifices he made for me and you

Ooooh, for a Catholic, that's pretty Protestant
Original post by Sinnoh
Ooooh, for a Catholic, that's pretty Protestant

hehe I remember my 10 year old Catholic self getting so offended when my teacher said that.
Bread and wine represents his flesh and blood it symbolizes the sacrifices he made for me and you

No lol. Don't even try LARPing as a Catholic and then using a Protestant belief as an answer. You would have heard of transsubstantiation (for non-RCs; the belief that the Eucharist (bread & wine) turns into the flesh/blood of Our Lord in the body of the faithful) well before now. Bye troll.
:goaway:

Latest

Trending

Trending