The Student Room Group

How do hotels prove you are over 18?

Hi
I've booked a hotel to stay in with my girlfriend (we're both 17) and after booking it realised it said you must be 18.
In England, how strict are the hotels on this rule? In the past I've given them two debit cards with the same name and they accepted that after I said I don't have any ID, how common is this?
Thanks
Totally depends on the hotel. Some will be adamant on receiving photo ID (in which case good luck), some really won't care.
There's no way of saying anything for definite, just hope for the best
Some are strict while some are not. It just depends on their policy. If you booked it online, showing them your card gives them proof of id but if you get someone of 18 to book it and show them that card, they'll be likely to accept it. It honestly just depends on the hotel but I think its common to some extent
Reply 3
Someone over 18 booked it, and the card is in their name, should I bring that with me?
Original post by PetitePanda
Some are strict while some are not. It just depends on their policy. If you booked it online, showing them your card gives them proof of id but if you get someone of 18 to book it and show them that card, they'll be likely to accept it. It honestly just depends on the hotel but I think its common to some extent
Reply 4
Hopefully you booked alone and didn't list your GF... Turn up to the desk alone, dressed business like ask to check in and you probably won't be questioned, then get changed and bring her up.

If you look young, aren't dressed business like and you're with someone, odds are you'll be asked for ID
Reply 5
If you are interested too, check this stagweb

Quick Reply

Latest