The Student Room Group

Who can I get a reference from for a job?

So I've applied to a couple of jobs but I don't have any references and some of them might ask for one but I've never had an employed job before, also not been in education since 2020 so no way any teacher is going to remember me and give me one. Who else can I get one from? Heard you can get a lawyer/solicitor to give you one to prove you are who you say you are idk but you pay them not sure if that's true but I know someone who did this as they didn't have any references even though they'd had jobs before, the previous employers wouldn't give them a reference so they went to a lawyer or solicitor amd were able to get a job, not sure what that is or what I'd habe to say to the lawyer/solicitor to get or how much they charge, the person got it for a fiver but that was over 10 years ago
Tell the job you’re applying for you don’t have any references. Ask a friend for one
Reply 2
I also find it helpful to seek out references from people I know. Whether it's about a hotel, a restaurant, or any other topic, having insight from someone familiar adds an extra layer of trust and reliability to the decision-making process. Additionally, staying informed about Online Review Trends is crucial in today's digital age. Knowing how to effectively describe something or someone based on these trends can greatly enhance communication and understanding
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Tell the job you’re applying for you don’t have any references. Ask a friend for one

I stupidly write on my CV, references available on request but I doubt they will even consider me and I don't have any friends to ask 😭
Reply 4
Original post by irdam
i also would ask someone i know for a reference

I don't really know anyone except family and they can't be a reference 😭
Original post by Anonymusy

I stupidly write on my CV, references available on request but I doubt they will even consider me and I don't have any friends to ask 😭

I don’t write this on my CV, it’s obvious they will ask for references even if you don’t write it.

If you don’t have any, just let them know the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending