The Student Room Group

IELTS

I just had an interview at my first choice Uni and I am fairly confident that I will pass my interview. I didn't have to sit the Literacy and Numeracy exam that some of the applicants had to take. However I also just got my IELTS result today and i didnt meet the requirements . When i entered the result on the uni portal, It says I am eligible for a 10-week pre-sessional (combined) course.

I am panicking now. I am running out of time.
My program will start late september.

I immediately booked another IELTS exam which will take place mid-july.

What shall I do? :frown:

Should I enroll for the 10-week presssional course? Do i even have time for this? Is it paid
by the student loan or do i have to pay it myself? :frown:

I need help :frown: I don't have money to keep taking the IELTS which is ridiculously expensive :frown:

thanks for any input.
10 weeks is enough to improve mate! Just practice more reading passages and listening. Writing is usually the main part which pulls the marks down I guess. I had a month to prepare and got 8. ( Speaking saved me basically). Think about your weak areas.
Reply 2
Original post by Ligretto Cowboy
10 weeks is enough to improve mate! Just practice more reading passages and listening. Writing is usually the main part which pulls the marks down I guess. I had a month to prepare and got 8. ( Speaking saved me basically). Think about your weak areas.

You mean I should go ahead and enroll for the 10-week pressessional course offered by the UNi or you mean retake the IELTS?
If you booked the IELTS, then go for it, unless you can get a refund. What are your requirements? I still think you got enough time to practise IELTS given that you’ve taken that before.
(edited 4 years ago)
But still don’t get what you’re trying to say if you have booked the IELTS. Is it like either you meet the IELTS requirement or take the course? If the former is an option and you only have a few bands to improve, than I suggest you to take it. But the course stuff , I guess you better ask the uni.
Reply 5
Original post by Ligretto Cowboy
But still don’t get what you’re trying to say if you have booked the IELTS. Is it like either you meet the IELTS requirement or take the course? If the former is an option and you only have a few bands to improve, than I suggest you to take it. But the course stuff , I guess you better ask the uni.

Yeah I will definitely take the IELTs as it is paid already. I contacted the uni and asked if there's deadline for application for the presessional course on english. Hoping to hear from them soon. Thanks mate!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending