The Student Room Group

What goes with Black?

What boy names go the surname Black? Without the name sounding too boring or common?
Douglas. Raymond. Mortimer. Owen.
Many, many names would work with it.
Reply 3
Much like in fashion, pretty much everything goes with black.

I would, however, avoid words which make it sound like a paint colour. Gloss. Matt. Etc.
Original post by Drewski
Much like in fashion, pretty much everything goes with black.

I would, however, avoid words which make it sound like a paint colour. Gloss. Matt. Etc.

I disagree. Black is a really plain surname, and most common male forenames I can think of either sound boring or a bit odd with it.
Sirius
Brian
Reply 7
Original post by AngeryPenguin
I disagree. Black is a really plain surname, and most common male forenames I can think of either sound boring or a bit odd with it.

As someone with a very unusual and distinctive surname, and who caught no end of flak for it during school years, I don't see an average name as a bad thing by any measure.

Frankly, giving a kid a name that sounds fairly non descript is a good thing. Let the child create their own identity, rather than having something foisted upon then by virtue of a name they didn't choose.
Reply 8
I do tend to like common names like Jonathan, Chris, etc but pairing them with Black can sound a bit meh? No offence to ppl with these names!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending