The Student Room Group

University clearing

I was just wondering, I know it probably isn’t the case but if the university I wanted to go to had the course I applied for in clearing, would that mean there’s a higher chance of getting in assuming you missed the grades by a small amount? Since they wouldn’t have enough students to fill the places so they would be more likely to confirm your offer to study there.

I can’t get A level results and uni off my mind 😂😩 8 more days!!!!
Original post by hannahrl1708
I was just wondering, I know it probably isn’t the case but if the university I wanted to go to had the course I applied for in clearing, would that mean there’s a higher chance of getting in assuming you missed the grades by a small amount? Since they wouldn’t have enough students to fill the places so they would be more likely to confirm your offer to study there.

I can’t get A level results and uni off my mind 😂😩 8 more days!!!!

i wouldn't assume either way as they don't have a level results yet.
Original post by claireestelle
i wouldn't assume either way as they don't have a level results yet.

Ahhh ok :smile: but say they did and they were making a decision whether or not to give a place, would it affect their decision?
Original post by hannahrl1708
Ahhh ok :smile: but say they did and they were making a decision whether or not to give a place, would it affect their decision?

If they were in Clearing they would prefer to take someone who had already applied to them so would consider their "near miss" applicants before offering places to all the random people who phone them up on results day. The unis get your A level results a few days before you, so will have already decided what grades they are prepared to accept people with before the official A level results day
Original post by harrysbar
If they were in Clearing they would prefer to take someone who had already applied to them so would consider their "near miss" applicants before offering places to all the random people who phone them up on results day. The unis get your A level results a few days before you, so will have already decided what grades they are prepared to accept people with before the official A level results day

Okay, that makes more sense. Thankyou! <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending