The Student Room Group

Ucas track

I have recently got a changed offer from my firm choice which has now given me unconditional but for a course i dont want to do, my insurance choice has not responded

Do i have to reject the firm offer before I recieve my insurance offer? If yes their is no where to reply to offers as my insurance hasnt made a decision yet
Original post by bu17
I have recently got a changed offer from my firm choice which has now given me unconditional but for a course i dont want to do, my insurance choice has not responded

Do i have to reject the firm offer before I recieve my insurance offer? If yes their is no where to reply to offers as my insurance hasnt made a decision yet

If you firm choice has been made unconditional then your insurance choice ceases to exist. There is no reply they can give you.

Phone up your insurance RIGHT NOW and explain that you'd really like to go to their university and that you have the grades, and would they be able to pick you up in clearing.

If they say yes, hit the decline my place button on UCAS track, phone the insurance back up with your clearing number, and add them as a clearing choice after 3pm.

If they say no, you can either stick with your firm or look for something you prefer in clearing.

Once you've got an unconditional firm place your insurance isn't expected to reply - they physically can't do anything. So stop waiting for that.

EDIT: All of the above is subject to the course you've applied for not changing. The OP wasn't originally clear on this.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by bu17

If you have received a changed offer from your course today on track, you should have a choice to accept or reject this course- but you'll have 5 days to do this, so no rush.

If your insurance hasn't yet made a decision, definitely give them a call to find out what's going on once you have your grades and tell them you'd now prefer their course/uni (as this may make a difference to you getting in).
Reply 3
Ohh ok thanks, yea need to get my results now + the course that they have gave me an unconditional on is one that i dont like and dont think i will be doing
Original post by bu17
Ohh ok thanks, yea need to get my results now + the course that they have gave me an unconditional on is one that i dont like and dont think i will be doing

Yeah, go and get your results first- there's no point phoning your insurance until you know them.

May I ask what your original course choice was and which course your firm have now offered you?
Reply 5
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Yeah, go and get your results first- there's no point phoning your insurance until you know them.

May I ask what your original course choice was and which course your firm have now offered you?

I originally wanted to do computer science(software engineering) but i got offered computer technology and network
Original post by bu17
I originally wanted to do computer science(software engineering) but i got offered computer technology and network

Ah, I see.

Go and get your grades, and then you can hopefully talk to your insurance and you'll be a bit more clear on what your options are!
Reply 7
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Ah, I see.

Go and get your grades, and then you can hopefully talk to your insurance and you'll be a bit more clear on what your options are!

Yea thanks for your help

How would i reject my unconditional offer as their is no where to do so
Original post by bu17
Yea thanks for your help

How would i reject my unconditional offer as their is no where to do so

If you have a change of course, you should have an option somewhere that says "reply to offers" or something similar. You may need your insurance to make you unconditional before this appears. If you can't see this, you probably need to speak to UCAS.
Original post by bu17

What does it say against your insurance choice on Track? If it still says conditional you should ring them and find out what is happening, which will be easier once you have received your results. You can decline your alternative offer from your firm choice uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending