The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Aaron_1507
1. We can get a medium evm for 1.99, premium salad-2.99, breakfast evm 1.49, Deli sandwich evm 3.50 and in my area we can get a drink for 30p but probably not in your area.

it went up in April.. now it's 2.29 for a medium EVM, 1.99 for a breakfast EVM and TDS EVMs bizarrely have gone down to £2.99

and hurrah to all the new starters, hope you're enjoying it. :biggrin: I am really jealous of all you company store workers: ours became a franchise 18 months ago and it's so much worse. Still, I'm transferring to an Edinburgh store soon so not much longer to go.
bruisepristine
it went up in April.. now it's 2.29 for a medium EVM, 1.99 for a breakfast EVM and TDS EVMs bizarrely have gone down to £2.99

and hurrah to all the new starters, hope you're enjoying it. :biggrin: I am really jealous of all you company store workers: ours became a franchise 18 months ago and it's so much worse. Still, I'm transferring to an Edinburgh store soon so not much longer to go.

easy to transfer? do you have to do an OJE and orientation again?
Reply 182
Aaron_1507
1. We can get a medium evm for 1.99, premium salad-2.99, breakfast evm 1.49, Deli sandwich evm 3.50 and in my area we can get a drink for 30p but probably not in your area.

2. No breaks arent paid but you do get a free meal, so in essence they are paid.

3. Yes mcdonalds are good at catering for your needs so you get to select when you can work and holidays, just ask and they give them to you.

4. after 2 weeks pay goes up by 20p if you are on time and aren't a complete ****** basically.

thanks fot the answer

do they take sth like 10% of your pay on a holiday fund ?
( combined with NI contribution and tax would seriously diminish pay )
bosejiu
thanks fot the answer

do they take sth like 10% of your pay on a holiday fund ?
( combined with NI contribution and tax would seriously diminish pay )

No they dont take your pay for the holiday fund its like every £ you earn they add 10p to your holiday fund but dont actually take it out of your money and they advise you on when to take your holiday.
this is beyond a joke now - can someone please tell me how i should answer the questions - should i just agree/disagree to everything i should or should i just answer honestly?
Mrs_Sylar
this is beyond a joke now - can someone please tell me how i should answer the questions - should i just agree/disagree to everything i should or should i just answer honestly?

Just answer how you think they want you to answer dont answer all agree because one answer says do you believe that in the work place it is normal to take stuff.
wish me luck then i shall retry...now!
Are they actually recruiting?
Aaron_1507
Are they actually recruiting?

in london yeah and with my free oyster card i can go anywhere in london lol!
Mrs_Sylar
in london yeah and with my free oyster card i can go anywhere in london lol!

nice, well good luck.
lol fanx :biggrin:
Mrs_Sylar
lol fanx :biggrin:

Are you male or female? Maybe a bit of sexism :yep:
First shifts, Friday & Saturday 11am-3pm. At least it's only four hours so that won't be bad. I suppose most of it will be training anyway.
Aaron_1507
easy to transfer? do you have to do an OJE and orientation again?

nah I won't need to do anything, except get a new uniform probably (we're still wearing the old one... franchisee's decision). I just found one closest to where I'll be living, rang them up and the restaurant manager said I don't even need to do anything, just go and see him when I'm up there and he'll sort it all out. :smile: They don't have a DT though, it's going to be weird!
Aaron_1507
Are you male or female? Maybe a bit of sexism :yep:

Well considering my username is MRS_Sylar and my gender symbol is pink and female orientated....
How desperate must I be to apply for this job? I worked there during work experenice 3 years ago now. I already have a job but not enough hours. I hate the food, load of rubbish. Hate smeeling of grease. Hmmm

and the pay is only £4.65 an hour jesus. But say I work every day, that will be a nice bit of money. Hmmm I duno, I'll continue to search. Then if not and worse comes to worse I may have to apply there.
adam_1234
First shifts, Friday & Saturday 11am-3pm. At least it's only four hours so that won't be bad. I suppose most of it will be training anyway.

Yeah my first shift was 4 hours and you will be trained on the part you will work on for the next couple of weeks/months but they go through the steps slowly and then after about a hour or so, they let you have ago... well that's what happened to me on drive-thru :p:
Hey, I've got an interview for McDonald's on thursday. What does the interview involve?
wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
Hey, I've got an interview for McDonald's on thursday. What does the interview involve?

it'll be fairly informal and friendly, all they care about is that you're polite and smiley (the slogan is 'hire the smile' - do that and you've got the job, pretty much) and can hold a conversation. It's very rare to get to interview and not get the job, I've only known of it happening when people have been late/have very poor English/come across as very rude. They'll ask you things about teamwork, such as give an example when you've had to work in a team, generic things like that really. Good luck!
Mrs_Sylar
Well considering my username is MRS_Sylar and my gender symbol is pink and female orientated....

So your male? haha just kidding but some people on here have weird names like they might be male and they'll have Mrs 'for a laugh'.

Latest

Trending

Trending