The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
soz for posting twice
waji
I applied for 3 positions, rejected at all 3.

What could I be doing wrong?

it took me 4 times
its probably the branch you're applying to or the way you answer them - people on here told me to agree to most of the questions etc
Jessikar
Lol :biggrin:

This guy came in with his wife once when i was on my 4th shift i think it was and he goes "Hi Jess, how come you haven't got any stars?, your my star you know :biggrin:" and the manager thought it was weird because i didn't even know them.

you'll get used to it :redface: I'm so sick of hearing, "can I be your star?"
NickyP
That is absolutely ridiculous! Have you tried transferring out to a company store or another franchise? I have a feeling you have to get your franchisee's permission before transferring out of their franchise though, and she doesn't sound like the most approachable little dear.

yeah you're right, she does have to give permission, and she has refused other people in the past so I can't even be bothered to try. Also there's no other stores that are as close, so it'd make travelling to work a pain. I'm only there for a month and a half more anyway, I move to Edinburgh in September (she can hardly refuse a transfer when I'm not going to be in the same city anyway).
Reply 384
Mrs_Sylar
it took me 4 times
its probably the branch you're applying to or the way you answer them - people on here told me to agree to most of the questions etc

You re-applied 4 times? Bloody ell mate, good on you. The question "Have you ever lied to your parents?" is just pathetic.
waji
The question "Have you ever lied to your parents?" is just pathetic.

dont make the same mistake as me - i answered HONESTLY the first few times and ticked agree to that question

then by the forth time i just wrote disagree - it seems mcdonalds wants to employ compulsive liars lol - questions like that are unfair because when you're young you don't know any better :s-smilie:

good luck hope you get the job :wink:

p.s. make sure you answer how they'd want you to answer!
Reply 386
Mrs_Sylar
dont make the same mistake as me - i answered HONESTLY the first few times and ticked agree to that question

then by the forth time i just wrote disagree - it seems mcdonalds wants to employ compulsive liars lol - questions like that are unfair because when you're young you don't know any better :s-smilie:

good luck hope you get the job :wink:

p.s. make sure you answer how they'd want you to answer!

I'll re-apply tommorow, cant be arsed at the moment. The humiliation of being rejected by Maccy D's...
Reply 387
Wouldn't waste your time getting a job at MaccyD's, It's bloody horrible.. I can't wait to leave and I've only been there 4 weeks!
Reply 388
Mrs_Sylar

I answered 'agree' and got an interview. It's obvious ( even for Mc ) that everyone at least once lied to parents. Maybe you messed up other questions ?
Reply 389
[
I read all dese posts 19 pages lol y are you girls arguing over MCDONALDS lol and why are you arguing about god how dus mcdonalds bcom a holy fackin war lol. IMO christianity and all dat is a load of shyte to me mateyz yh steve
ps don't get involved. personally, i don't want to continue the argument
Reply 390
waji
I applied for 3 positions, rejected at all 3.

What could I be doing wrong?

maybe you're getting most of those online quiz questions incorrect:woo:
Reply 391
Some of you need to bear in mind McDonalds don't recruit anyone, well it depends on the business manager or whoever is conducting the interview but it would be a waste of time employing you if they/we didn't feel you could cope with the pressure and follow procedures and interact well with collegues and customers.

Tell you I've handled the pressure well these past few days. For the past two days there's been various things going on such as the Batman film release and I offered to stay extra yesterday because my shift manager was doing about 4different duties, the drive-thru was non-stop till about 11pm at night. Ended up doing a 11 hour shift.. new experience for a 16 year old anyway.
Today was fun. Got called a robbing bastard for the price of our happy meals.

How do I go about registering for our lounge?
I'm on holiday soon, so if I can check my shifts as soon as I get back it'll be really helpful. It asks for a store name / number but I've got no idea what ours is.

Edit: Nevermind, the store locator can't spell my store properly.

Edit.. again: It says I'm not recognised on the system :frown:
adam_1234
Today was fun. Got called a robbing bastard for the price of our happy meals.

How do I go about registering for our lounge?
I'm on holiday soon, so if I can check my shifts as soon as I get back it'll be really helpful. It asks for a store name / number but I've got no idea what ours is.

Edit: Nevermind, the store locator can't spell my store properly.

Edit.. again: It says I'm not recognised on the system :frown:

It should fail and then say "Your registration details have been sent to the admin" or something and they confirm you actually work there. I did that :p:
Reply 394
Bolton90
Oi oi peple I got a job from monday in mcdonalds the interview was sound n I’ve got the uniform and that!
I read all dese posts 19 pages lol y are you girls arguing over MCDONALDS lol and why are you arguing about god how dus mcdonalds bcom a holy fackin war lol. IMO christianity and all dat is a load of shyte to me mateyz yh so can someone tell me what I shud expect and all that im working at the drive thru I think come and visit me at Bolton lol
steve

i'm at one of the bolton restaurants also, just be confident and not too serious. but respect the managers authority or ull end up bein sacked and try handle pressure well when its really busy
Ooooh I had my first shift today. It was quite fun, I've never been on a till before, but after a while it did start to drag... Working 11-7 tomorrow. :yep:
wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
Ooooh I had my first shift today. It was quite fun, I've never been on a till before, but after a while it did start to drag... Working 11-7 tomorrow. :yep:

I had a 9-5 shift and to be honest, it was not bad! It can seriously drag if it's not very busy and if you don't hav many friends on at the same time but today, i did and it was fun. Also, many people left at 4 and so new people clocked in who i was with for an hour and it was great :biggrin:

I know a person who does about three 12 hour shifts and even by the end, hes still smiling :smile:
Jessikar
I had a 9-5 shift and to be honest, it was not bad! It can seriously drag if it's not very busy and if you don't hav many friends on at the same time but today, i did and it was fun. Also, many people left at 4 and so new people clocked in who i was with for an hour and it was great :biggrin:

I know a person who does about three 12 hour shifts and even by the end, hes still smiling :smile:

Well, the peeps at my store are friendlier than I expected! And they're not the idiots that customers make them out to be, if you know what I mean?

Ahhh, if it starts to drag I'll just think of the money. :yep:
Do you know what the rules are regarding tax?
in the online application it says what is the proudest moment or achievement (can't remember which) in your life
and i only was able to write 50 words, and they said the max was 500

i quit the application as the place wasnt that close to my house anyways and i couldn't be bothered!

but i'll try again
Reply 399
9 days in then 1 day off. Got to love this company. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending