The Student Room Group

Are A-levels important after uni?

I didn't do well in my A- levels (CCE), I was planning on retaking, however i got into my insurance uni through clearing for economics and accounting. But, i'm worried ill struggle to get a job after uni because of my A levels.
Reply 1
Do you want to get into finance?
Reply 2
Original post by ReadDed
Do you want to get into finance?

potentially yeah
Do your level best in your degree programme. Your results at the end of the course will be more important that your A-levels when you enter the job market.

I rather fluffed my A-levels many years ago, but got a very solid result from my undergrad degree. I can't say that those long distant school exams have ever held me back.

Best wishes in your degree.
Reply 4
I would say that if you are planning on studying for a masters or going straight into the work force after your undergraduate degree that people are not going to care about your A-levels, the only thing people are going to pay attention to is the grade you achieved and the university you attended. For instance, if you get a first class degree people are not going to care about your A level results as your degree classifcation provides employers with a better understanding of the adult that you turned out to be. Therefore, I would not remotely care about my A-level grades if I were you and I would just focus on getting the best grades at university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending