The Student Room Group

Help, returning to uni following an interruption

Hi ,
I have returned back to my degree to repeat year 1 after having to leave the course a month before my exams due to a family crisis.
The thing is I feel uncomfortable telling the new people in my year that I am repeating the year and that im actually 20 and not 18.
I don't want to have to explain why I took time out because I just want to leave it in the past & idk it's jus frustrating because everyone asks me if I took a gap year etc.
Any advice ?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi ,
I have returned back to my degree to repeat year 1 after having to leave the course a month before my exams due to a family crisis.
The thing is I feel uncomfortable telling the new people in my year that I am repeating the year and that im actually 20 and not 18.
I don't want to have to explain why I took time out because I just want to leave it in the past & idk it's jus frustrating because everyone asks me if I took a gap year etc.
Any advice ?

I took a year out btw so my original friends are now in 3rd year
Original post by Anonymous
Hi ,
Any advice ?

Well, don't tell them anything at all if you don't want to. You don't even need to tell people you're repeating the year if you don't want. You have no obligation to explain yourself.
I wouldn't worry about being two years older either; it's not even that much of a gap!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending