The Student Room Group

Am I stupid?

My gf and I are at uni, she's not from the UK.
I always try and make time for ourselves but as of lately she just ignores me. I see she's active on social media yet she doesn't text me for hours and she says she's studying. I admit I do the same, I study but take a few seconds off to text her.
Whenever we try to meet, there's always something intervening like "friends" or uni. I don't mind the uni thing otherwise that would be absurd but I mind if she's active on social media and doesn't even tell me if we meet that day.
I don't put my friends above the person I'm with, especially since the relationship gets serious.
Whenever I ask her something she just says "we'll see" and if I insist on it, she blames me for being pushy.
We also had to meet up this week and she just didn't come. Barely texted me.
I know she's not cheating but this is rude behaviour.
I want to know how to tackle the situation, maintain this relationship and have both of us studying and having our own personal time also.

Also, what do you think of a girl meeting up with male friends without you/without you knowing?
She doesn't sound interested in the relationship at all and it doesn't sound like you're getting much out of it either. Why do you want to maintain the relationship?

You don't sound stupid - maybe not quite assertive enough though.
Reply 2
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
She doesn't sound interested in the relationship at all and it doesn't sound like you're getting much out of it either. Why do you want to maintain the relationship?

You don't sound stupid - maybe not quite assertive enough though.

How should I be more assertive? I'm trying to make ends meet for both of us
Original post by Anonymous
I'm trying to make ends meet for both of us

How do you mean?
I don't think a girl meeting up with male friends without telling her boyfriend is a big deal, no one's obliged to tell anyone who they're spending time with. It only becomes an issue if you don't trust the girl.

But it does sound like she's not as invested in the relationship as much as you are, or that she has other priorities. Either way, point blank ignoring you or not showing up when you've arranged to meet is disrespectful. If she doesn't want to continue the relationship then fair enough but she should have enough decency to tell you straight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending