The Student Room Group

Help on uni course

Well I'm joining uni next year in 2020 but Ucas applications are due soon in jan 15. I AM SOOOOOO confused on what course to pick!!!! my current subjects are bio goeg and Econ. I want to choose a course that will enable me to help people in life. But once again you can help people as long as you have money.
My personality is outspoken and I enjoy public affair but I can easily get overwhelmed. Study wise I love Biology, I love studying it and I love nature and all. Im stuck between choosing International relations or Biological science or life sciences PLEASE HELP IM SO STRESSED !!!!Anyone got any tips ??
Reply 1
Original post by Rumi100
Well I'm joining uni next year in 2020 but Ucas applications are due soon in jan 15. I AM SOOOOOO confused on what course to pick!!!! my current subjects are bio goeg and Econ. I want to choose a course that will enable me to help people in life. But once again you can help people as long as you have money.
My personality is outspoken and I enjoy public affair but I can easily get overwhelmed. Study wise I love Biology, I love studying it and I love nature and all. Im stuck between choosing International relations or Biological science or life sciences PLEASE HELP IM SO STRESSED !!!!Anyone got any tips ??

First of all, try not to worry too much - you still have a fair bit of time to make a decision and it’s important you thoroughly look into your different available options so as to make the right one.

I know some universities (like Exeter, St Andrews, Durham and Derby) allow you to do a joint honours degree in both biology and international relations so this is definitely something worth looking into. I was completely stuck between chemistry and maths so studying them both together was the perfect solution for me!!

Biology seems like something you’re really passionate in and thus would excel at at university. You could certainly help people and animals through this degree and it’s well respected, keeping a lot of doors open for you in the future. Perhaps take a look at some universities and check what the content covers, how it’s taught and what’s required to study it there. If you feel really interested and like you’d really love to study that course then definitely go with this.

However if researching biology degrees makes you decide you don’t want to pursue the subject any further, move on to international relations and do the same, seeing if you’re more or less interested by this course.

From your A-level subjects, some other courses you might possibly be interested in researching that spring to mind are:
-anthropology
-archaeology
-human sciences
-geography
So definitely take a look at some of those if they sound like something you might enjoy.

It’ll be you studying this for three/four years so just make sure it’s something you’re passionate about and will motivate you getting out of bed each day to work really hard at it. I hope this helps in some way :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending