The Student Room Group

How do I make my private place smell better

I don’t have a bacterial disease, I always shower but i don’t know why my private smells??
how is ur diet
Reply 2
Original post by IH8Studying
how is ur diet

I think it’s quite decent, I eat fruits and vegetables everyday. I had pineapples, weetabix and a pear so far
Reply 3
This sounds similar to bromodosis (smelly foot disease). It's caused by fungal infection of dead skin and can be treated. Suggest you see your GP.
Original post by Anonymous
I think it’s quite decent, I eat fruits and vegetables everyday. I had pineapples, weetabix and a pear so far

are you hydrated?

i recently learnt dehydration and too much sugar in the blood causes excessive sweat and sweat that smells unpleasant
everyone has an odour coming from their private parts, it's normal, you can't make it smell better forever, only temporary, however there are some drugs you can get online to make it smell good but hat has many side effects and is probably not even good for your health so I don't recommend using it. just wash it with water or soap after using the toilet, watch your diet, and maybe put body spray there or use baby powder, it is probably not a disease so there's nothing much you can do about it but if it gets worse then you should get it checked out. hope this helped.
Reply 6
everyone has an odour coming from their private parts, it's normal, you can't make it smell better forever, only temporary, however there are some drugs you can get online to make it smell good but hat has many side effects and is probably not even good for your health so I don't recommend using it. just wash it with water or soap after using the toilet, watch your diet, and maybe put body spray there or use baby powder, it is probably not a disease so there's nothing much you can do about it but if it gets worse then you should get it checked out. hope this helped.

Thank you lots 💗💗
Reply 7
Original post by IH8Studying
are you hydrated?

i recently learnt dehydration and too much sugar in the blood causes excessive sweat and sweat that smells unpleasant

I drink like 2 litres of water a day, I limit my sugar intake. I don’t really tend to eat sugary food
if you are a lady maybe there is a bacterial problem inside ?
Reply 9
Original post by the bear

Really? Like what . Yes I am a lady
Original post by Vinny C
This sounds similar to bromodosis (smelly foot disease). It's caused by fungal infection of dead skin and can be treated. Suggest you see your GP.

Are there any home remedies

so your doctor will be able to have a look inside & take some swabs etc. usually the treatment is some cream or maybe antibiotics ?
Original post by the bear

So there is a condition called Bacterial Vaginosis/vaginitis (can't remember exact). It is generally not sexually transmitted etc and doesn't reflect on your hygiene. This is normally accompanied by a watery discharge often greyer in colour. You can get remedies for this at the pharmacy I think. However, smells is something we all have to deal with unfortunately. Apparently other people don't notice it as much as you? But I found using 'fresh scent' panty liners helped a bit (I get quite a hit of discharge so wear panty liners daily anyway).
So there is a condition called Bacterial Vaginosis/vaginitis (can't remember exact). It is generally not sexually transmitted etc and doesn't reflect on your hygiene. This is normally accompanied by a watery discharge often greyer in colour. You can get remedies for this at the pharmacy I think. However, smells is something we all have to deal with unfortunately. Apparently other people don't notice it as much as you? But I found using 'fresh scent' panty liners helped a bit (I get quite a hit of discharge so wear panty liners daily anyway).

Are there any like wash for your private place like gem fresh or soap? Do u know any?
See a doctor
Are there any like wash for your private place like gem fresh or soap? Do u know any?

Your vagina (the inside part) is like a self cleaning oven, it has a natural balance of 'good bacteria' which keep it clean and healthy, so there's no need to do anything to it and using any sort of soaps or anything like that can cause problems because it disrupts the natural PH. Your vulva (i.e. the outside part) should just be cleaned with a mild soap and water.

It's normal for it to have a certain amount of mild odour (which can vary throughout your menstrual cycle), and whilst you might notice it, other people really won't. Wearing looser clothing and making sure you only wear cotton underwear (which is more breathable) can help stop you getting hot and sweaty down there which can contribute to odours.

If it's a strong odour (fishy for example), it could be a sign of something like bacterial vaginosis (which is caused by an overgrowth of bacteria that is normally found in small amounts in your vagina-it can lead to infection when the balance of organisms gets upset) so you should probably see a doctor to get it checked out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending