The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nathan_nacu
I don’t know..... all the open days i went to the law tutors said there’s nothing they hate more than grammatical errors, I’m not even a traditional 3 A-Level applicant so the odds were already against me this just lets me worse off. And I didn’t make the mistake, i asked my tutor to send it to me but she sent it to UCAS, hardly see how that’s my fault.....

yes grammatical errors may be annoying but 1 grammatical error wont stop you getting an offer. The key issue is predicted grades and your mix of btec and A level wont affect many universities either. The actual subject of the BTEC could affect you getting an offer if it was not considered an academic subject like say Hairdressing or something but things like Business, IT or Applied Sciences BTECs wont count against you except about 1/2 dozen universities.
Original post by swanseajack1
yes grammatical errors may be annoying but 1 grammatical error wont stop you getting an offer. The key issue is predicted grades and your mix of btec and A level wont affect many universities either. The actual subject of the BTEC could affect you getting an offer if it was not considered an academic subject like say Hairdressing or something but things like Business, IT or Applied Sciences BTECs wont count against you except about 1/2 dozen universities.

I am doing applied science and my predictions are good, I’ll hope i get offers
I don’t know..... all the open days i went to the law tutors said there’s nothing they hate more than grammatical errors, I’m not even a traditional 3 A-Level applicant so the odds were already against me this just lets me worse off. And I didn’t make the mistake, i asked my tutor to send it to me but she sent it to UCAS, hardly see how that’s my fault.....

I made two grammatical errors in my previous application and was given 5/5 offers for Law by prestigious unis. It won't make a difference, trust. Admission tutors often skim read applications.

Hopefully you will get offers. Most universities accept Applied science BTEC. The key question is whether your LNAT went OK. If it didnt you could swap your LNAT university to a non LNAT university eg Bristol to Cardiff.
(edited 4 years ago)
Thank u for ur concern 🥂 i called UCAS they said i can withdraw the application and do the process again to re-apply, but they said they don’t know what my Unis might think if they’d already seen my application and see me applying again so idk what the best course of action is..... I’m just tired and frustrated

It depends on if it is literally just one spelling mistake or you were going to make several changes to the personal statement. If it's just one mistake I would be inclined to leave it but if it's more significant changes I would probably withdraw it and start again. It will be a bit of a pain but you could have the new one submitted in a couple of days and then you would feel more confident about it. Would you have to pay another fee though?
Offer for Pharmacology from University of Manchester!
Original post by harrysbar
It depends on if it is literally just one spelling mistake or you were going to make several changes to the personal statement. If it's just one mistake I would be inclined to leave it but if it's more significant changes I would probably withdraw it and start again. It will be a bit of a pain but you could have the new one submitted in a couple of days and then you would feel more confident about it. Would you have to pay another fee though?

That’s another problem, would have to pay. Basically the statement that got submitted is the one i sent to u that u said u thought was ready to go, just didn’t have the changes u put that i wanted to add. So i guess u could say its not a necessity. My tutor recommended i just leave it and hope for the best, what do you think?
Original post by swanseajack1
Hopefully you will get offers. Most universities accept Applied science BTEC. The key question is whether your LNAT went OK. If it didnt you could swap your LNAT university to a non LNAT university eg Bristol to Cardiff.

Tbh it went ‘great’ aside from the emotional outburst. MCQ i feel I attacked them properly with good technique and I felt like i was doing any other test. Got an essay on a topic I’d been doing in school for a month so ik the points i gave were the best I could’ve possibly given🤷🏽*♂️ my dream Uni is Leeds not Bristol anyway. With D*DA* hopefully i get the offers. Less than a day and I’m ferociously checking track looool
Original post by cheerIeader
I made two grammatical errors in my previous application and was given 5/5 offers for Law by prestigious unis. It won't make a difference, trust. Admission tutors often skim read applications.

Yay now i feel better 🥳🥳 thank u all for the reassurance
Tbh it went ‘great’ aside from the emotional outburst. MCQ i feel I attacked them properly with good technique and I felt like i was doing any other test. Got an essay on a topic I’d been doing in school for a month so ik the points i gave were the best I could’ve possibly given🤷🏽*♂️ my dream Uni is Leeds not Bristol anyway. With D*DA* hopefully i get the offers. Less than a day and I’m ferociously checking track looool

Looking at Leeds university law entry criteria there is nothing to suggest they will penalise you for your btec as long as your A level is on their preferred subject list

D,D alongside an A at A-level in one of our List A accepted A-level subjects document.
My tutor sent off my application to UCAS when I asked her to send it back to me this morning! There was some changes to my statement I wanted to make after harrysbar sent it and now I cant, there was even a spelling error oh no, I’m definitely not getting any offers now

I had a grammatical error, I only realised after I sent off but I’ve gotten 2 offers (Queen Mary and Kings) already and it’s only been a week. You’ll be fine!

Stop reading your personal statement it's gone now and done with. For what it's worth I used two American spellings and the wrong 'enquiry' (instead of inquiry) and got a reduced offer and a scholarship to a top law school so I wouldn't worry - that was this cycle :smile:
I have 5 conditional offers. Is there a possibility that any of them could come unconditional? If so how likely is this to happen?
Original post by Megaman101
I have 5 conditional offers. Is there a possibility that any of them could come unconditional? If so how likely is this to happen?

If it's not stated in the conditions of the offer i.e firming them to turn it into an unconditional, then probably not hon.
Got an offer from Leeds Uni to study Fine Art
A friend heard back from Plymouth for medicine interview
Reply 2016
Population Health and Medical Sciences at Swansea
just got an offer for psychology bsc at king's!
just received an offer from bristol for chemistry with study abroad :smile:)
Reply 2019
Original post by deminwadike
just got an offer for psychology bsc at king's!

WELL DONE! what a fantastic course! wish you all the best!!

Latest

Trending

Trending