The Student Room Group

SAAS: Travel Expenses

Delete
Reply 1
spikeymike
I applied for tuition fees via SAAS which i now have recieved an awards notice for.

I phoned up SAAS to apply for travel expenses but they said that the application forms aren't out until December? What's up with that? Are you not meant to get money before you start Uni in Sept?

Not quite sure. It says you can apply online so go for that.

And I think you're meant to get money just as you start.
As far as I'm aware it is, as with expenses from anywhere, something you apply for afterwards. You don't know at this point how often you will use the bus to get to lectures etc. so you keep a note of it through the term and come christmas you fill in the form and get the money back.

They're not just giving you extra money for the sake of it :p:
Reply 3
You apply in December/January for travel expenses. You'll need to keep your tickets for proof incase they ask to see them, and you need to pay £155 of the amount yourself. In January they'll give you the money for the previous months as well as up to the end of the academic year.

And you need to use season tickets, they won't pay for you to get singles all the time.
Reply 4
TheOneWho
You apply in December/January for travel expenses. You'll need to keep your tickets for proof incase they ask to see them, and you need to pay £155 of the amount yourself. In January they'll give you the money for the previous months as well as up to the end of the academic year.

And you need to use season tickets, they won't pay for you to get singles all the time.

what she said!

though i'm not sure how it works for people who don't choose to take an income-based loan, or don't take a loan at all, as i don't fall into that catagory! i think i remember hearing that people who only take the "basic" loan don't get anything at all towards their travel expenses
Reply 5
If you are not getting an income-assessed loan then you'll need to go through the hassle of providing your parents' income details so SAAS will consider what to give you, if anything, for travel expenses.
Reply 6
They'd probably want them sent again, to be honest. If you look at the website I'm sure it'll tell you, or you can e-mail them and get an exact answer.
Harder than you think there not keen handing out travel expenses unless trainee nurse doctor etc if ordinary student you fill in a form to post back to address at bottom of form which is saas address to be emailed wrong address you sent form to and there not keen on handing out right address im having to rely on my mother who's a carer to my brother to pay for my bus far to uni or take £39.50 a week out my saas living expenses which is only £180 a month which means got to starve to get to uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending