The Student Room Group

ucas education

Hello,
So I have a question. So I received a C and B in subjects I'm no longer taking in my A2 level. So do I have to still enter these qualifications?
You need to enter any and all qualifications that you’ve done in the education section. So yes, you would need to enter these AS qualifications on the form.
Reply 2
Original post by SkyRunner61
You need to enter any and all qualifications that you’ve done in the education section. So yes, you would need to enter these AS qualifications on the form.

thank you I will. But do you think these grades could affect my chances of getting into a good uni even with A* grade predictions for the subjects I'm taking?
Original post by xxadxx_12
thank you I will. But do you think these grades could affect my chances of getting into a good uni even with A* grade predictions for the subjects I'm taking?

That depends on the 'good uni' and the circumstances you obtained those grades under. Also how relevant those subjects are to your current chosen course.

Uni applications are entirely subjective, despite completing no 'facilitating' subjects at A Level I still got into a good RG Uni for CS. In fact, I only did one STEM subject (CS). I got offers from three RG unis, all of which were reduced offers and one of which was doubly reduced, and two unconditional offers from other unis. This was probably because I worked hard on my personal statement and also was from a disadvantaged background.

If your grades will affect the unis you apply to, it may be worth emailing some admission departments. I'm guessing the generic response will be 'each application is judged on its own merits', but they may also give some indication as to whether your grades would affect your application.

Good luck!
If you're still predicted to meet their standard offer, it's unlikely to make much difference, if any.

As above, you have to list all qualifications you have completed.
Reply 5
Original post by TeacupAndTragedy
That depends on the 'good uni' and the circumstances you obtained those grades under. Also how relevant those subjects are to your current chosen course.

Uni applications are entirely subjective, despite completing no 'facilitating' subjects at A Level I still got into a good RG Uni for CS. In fact, I only did one STEM subject (CS). I got offers from three RG unis, all of which were reduced offers and one of which was doubly reduced, and two unconditional offers from other unis. This was probably because I worked hard on my personal statement and also was from a disadvantaged background.

If your grades will affect the unis you apply to, it may be worth emailing some admission departments. I'm guessing the generic response will be 'each application is judged on its own merits', but they may also give some indication as to whether your grades would affect your application.

Good luck!

i hope they won't because i dropped the subjects and no longer do them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending