The Student Room Group

Any transfer students?

Hi :smile: I’m currently a first year forensic science student and I’m thinking of transferring to a different university after my first year. I really hate the city I’m living in and I don’t really like the university itself :/ was just wondering if there’s any other students out there who transferred after first year and whether it was easy to make friends, stuff like that?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi :smile: I’m currently a first year forensic science student and I’m thinking of transferring to a different university after my first year. I really hate the city I’m living in and I don’t really like the university itself :/ was just wondering if there’s any other students out there who transferred after first year and whether it was easy to make friends, stuff like that?

This is the TSR transfer FAQ.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424

If you transfer to year 1 you get the fresher experience opportunity and max chance to make friends.

If you transfer to year 2 then you should have expected large groups to have cliqued off and already be sharing houses.

If your social skills are really good and you have confidence then you can make friends on courses and in societies, but you are still a transferee, unless you have the confidence to rbeak into groups.

Make sure you pick your new uni carefull if you want all round experience. If your social skills are weak, then I woudl consider doing it from year 1. If your year 1 results are good, then you might feel finishing your degree and not repeating first is better. Making friends is down more to your social skills.
Hello everyone,

I have recently completed my A levels but unfortunately I had missed more than half of my exams due to an illness but luckily I had passed in all of the subjects, receiving a CDE (ashamed of myself). I have received an offer from Queen Mary’s university of London (QMUL) to do Bsc economics and finance with an integrated foundation year, in which they usually only accept international students but since I had done my GCSEs (equivalents) abroad I got lucky. I would like to know if I would be able to transfer to better unis like LSE or UCL after I complete the foundation year in QMUL. I am currently on a gap year as I also had issues with student finance, I am currently doing the IMC professional qualification, would that make any difference in my future applications? Any relevant advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you 🙏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending