The Student Room Group

Picked the wrong campus

Is there any way you can transfer in your final year of university?

I have studied a business with marketing degree and wish I had of picked Marketing on its own as the business modules are a bit boring. Could you see what the extra marketing modules the marketing course would have had? Is there any point now or would I just be better doing a Masters in Digital marketing at the campus I want.

Thanks in advance! :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi @unistudent25,

Transferring in your final year might depend on the university you want to transfer to. They may request certain grades to make the transfer or may have a full cohort on their course so won't take on any more students. I can't say for sure but the best way to find out is by contacting the admissions team at the university you'd want to transfer to.

I would also advise, taking your time to make your decision, seeking support and doing some research. If you genuinely feel like you cannot cope at your current university, seek support from your Student Services team and see what they may reccommend and how they can help. This will allow you to make an informed decision before uprooting.

And although you may find the Business side of your course boring, it does give you an edge some students might not have and knowledge in this area that could prove useful to you in the future.

Some of the things you may also need to consider if you do still want to transfer is your ability to adapt to a new environment (especially if you are living on campus). You'll also need to contact student finance and get that sorted if you're transfering to a new university. You may need to catch up on work/ shift to meet requirements to make sure you're on track for your final grades.

If you are interested in studying a Masters degree, it would be good to have a look at where you'd like to study afterwards to help you have something to look forward to, in the case you decide to stick out your final year.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Almasi, Advertising & Brand Design Alumna

(Original post by unistudent25)Is there any way you can transfer in your final year of university?

I have studied a business with marketing degree and wish I had of picked Marketing on its own as the business modules are a bit boring. Could you see what the extra marketing modules the marketing course would have had? Is there any point now or would I just be better doing a Masters in Digital marketing at the campus I want.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending