The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography Applicants - 2020

Scroll to see replies

Hi
Anyone received any offers from Teeside?
Original post by starshine909
Hey! just checked this again and noticed you've mentioned "options on which patients have priorities" can I ask what you mean by that? is this in the group interview?
Also, what can I expect with the multiple-choice questions, like what is it about?
thank you so much!

So you have a list of patients and their problems, and you have to decide within the group in which order to scan them, so like someone who’s really distressed or someone who’s struggling to breathe etc etc , I’m pretty sure it’s different for different interview groups, but if you just put your opinion out and have a reason for it it should all be fine 😂

In terms of multiple choice, you get given slides with information on, and then multiple choice on the information you were given.

All the tasks are fairly straightforward, good luck!
Reply 182
Original post by JC003
Hi,
Yes! Are you traveling in or looking to find halls?
I’ve been to open days for all of the uni’s I’ve applied to but haven’t heard anything back from my applications yet. I applied just before new year and from what I’ve read from others, it may be 2 or 3 weeks yet before I hear anything.
Not sure about the interviews....everything crossed I get one first!

I'll be travelling, so my options are a bit limited realistically but have been emailing to try and find out some rough timetables to see what could be doable. I applied after you so it'll be a while longer then I imagine. My fingers are crossed for you!
Reply 183
Original post by BWilso
I'll be travelling, so my options are a bit limited realistically but have been emailing to try and find out some rough timetables to see what could be doable. I applied after you so it'll be a while longer then I imagine. My fingers are crossed for you!

Thank you. You too. From what I know it’s pretty full on with mainly 9am ish starts 4 or 5 days a week. I’ll be traveling in too so in the same boat.
The interview was brilliant. Because I have extensive experience in healthcare, they asked me questions on that. I have experience as an HCA, working in a hospital and working in a Radiology department for a week. I also volunteered with St Johns Ambulance and British Heart Foundation and I also own a business. They asked me pretty much on everything including hobbies and general questions. Then they specifically asked me questions on my nursing home experience and they dwelled on that. Additionally, they asked me questions on if I've ever been a leader etc. Finally, they'll throw in a curveball question - this is something you will have to think on the spot. Oh, and they also asked me if I've ever effectively worked in a team and what was the outcome of it. They then told me to wait outside and called me back in after a minute and gave me an offer there and then. This was during clearing (I was going to do Engineering and I rejected all my places).

I wish you the best of luck Olivia and I'm sure you'll be fine.
Kind Regards
Shoaib
Original post by amz10102002
@paulc1999 I am!! Have you applied to gcu, qmu and rgu?

Hey, yes I applied to all! I only ended up sending my application a couple of days ago so haven’t heard anything yet. Is it true QMU aren’t doing interviews?
I also have a friend in 1st year at RGU and she said the interviews are really informal and mainly just to chat away and act yourself, so hopefully will get an interview there!
Reply 186
hi!! anyone received offers from Queen Margaret Uni yet?
Reply 187
Had anyone had an offer from Cardiff yet?
Original post by jlz977
Had anyone had an offer from Cardiff yet?

Not yet :frown: When was your interview?
Original post by lau4711
Not yet :frown: When was your interview?

I had mine on the 12th, I called them today and they said for those interviewed early September we should expect to hear this week
Original post by Yumy632
Hi, I have an interview from Birmingham City university tomorrow for diagnostic radiography (18th December) and was wondering if anyone else is going there too?

Hi, can I ask how the interview was? I hope to get an interview with them soon. TIA
Original post by OloladeAdetoro
Hi, can I ask how the interview was? I hope to get an interview with them soon. TIA

Hi, the interview went well for me. There was a written task which was roughly 25 minutes at the start of the event which was radiography and care focused, so make sure you are familiar with the NHS Values and understand what they mean. The individual interview lasted 20 minutes and was largely done based on how far you lived (so you could get home earlier). There were some generic questions about yourself and scenario questions, nothing too surprising. Best of luck and hope you get an interview!
Original post by Yumy632
Hi, the interview went well for me. There was a written task which was roughly 25 minutes at the start of the event which was radiography and care focused, so make sure you are familiar with the NHS Values and understand what they mean. The individual interview lasted 20 minutes and was largely done based on how far you lived (so you could get home earlier). There were some generic questions about yourself and scenario questions, nothing too surprising. Best of luck and hope you get an interview!

Thank you so much. That was helpful. All the best
Reply 193
Original post by BWilso
Hello all,

I've applied to DMU, Derby, Birmingham City, Suffolk and Sheffield Hallam. My application was sent about a week ago by my access course tutor and have received an interview for Suffolk so far. I'll be a mature student (29) currently working as a Medical Secretary in the NHS. I've done a degree already in English (completely unrelated) and the thought of going back is pretty daunting but I would love to be a radiographer so definitely need to make the leap! Would be interested to hear from anyone in a similar situation.

:smile: Bethan

Hi

I'm going to be a mature student (31) and I've also done an access course, but I've not been working in the NHS or anything similar. I applied to quite a few of the same Unis, and had offers from Birmingham, Suffolk and Bristol. I interviewed at Derby in December and was told that they wouldn't be sending offers until they'd seen everyone in March, so I ended up withdrawing my application and cancelling my last interview (Exeter) as I was happy to accept my unconditional offer from Suffolk. I also did a completely unrelated degree in Classics, so you're not alone!

Good luck!
Been waiting a week and 2 days now, you heard anything?
Original post by Olivia Abrams
Hi
Anyone received any offers from Teeside?
Original post by Pippa_ajd
For anyone who had the Hertfordshire interview yesterday, I’ve just got an offer 🥳
Good luck to everyone doing interviews x

How long did it take for them to get back to u?
Has anyone got an interview for derby? Mines next week I’m not sure on how to prepare for it
Original post by damilola123
How long did it take for them to get back to u?

I got an offer that evening of the day I had it x
And also does anyone know how long the interviews usually are and the process of them
Original post by jyejgstsj
Has anyone got an interview for derby? Mines next week I’m not sure on how to prepare for it
Original post by Pippa_ajd
I got an offer that evening of the day I had it x

That was quick, I had mine 2 days ago still haven’t heard anything :/

Quick Reply

Latest