The Student Room Group

Is my boyfriend an *******?

I have been thinking about my over 1 year relationship. My boyfriend can me really cruel sometimes. He comments other people all the time. Only today in Ikea he commented a kid that his face looks like a monkey, a girl - that she is fat and who will want to touch her even. I saw a girl with a funny jacket and I told him I will get the same and he said to me : You will sleep on a balcony then. I said : but you don't have a balcony. He said : exactly (we don't live together). He can comment : Yes, with the face she had I'm not surprised. Or " I wonder how much sausage this woman had to eat to look like that". He tell me I'm using too much water, I'm loud, he is annoyed by how I eat. He told me I squat like a duck, that If I would be driving a scooter It will be dangerous for others because I will create accidents. I'm drinking water with lemon and curcuma and he told me when I told him I have a sore throat : Yeah so go drink your water, it will help you for sure. He told me I looked retarted when I was thinking about something. Also when I couldn't say something and I hesitated he was laughing and saying ""eeee aaa yyyy " imitating me, that I can not put words together porperly. Please adivce me what to do.
Reply 1
Yo what are the pros? Why would you stay with this guy? He sounds very insecure considering he always makes fun of people around him and not very nice to be around since he criticises you a lot. But then again, have you ever told him not to do those things and communicated your own feelings about this to him? Otherwise, how would he know? Maybe he thinks it’s just jokes? If you ask him to stop criticising you because it makes you unhappy and he refuses to stop, then there’s your answer.
This is harsh but leave him. Who wants to be with someone like that? It sounds like he doesn't love or appreciate you so find someone who does. Find someone who loves all of your little quirks, someone who doesn't find them annoying or stupid but who loves them and thinks they are cute. He sounds horrible, not just to you but to others too. He probably isn't perfect so who does he think he is to comment on others, like he is? That sounds so harsh sorry. :/ But if I was you, I'd leave him, you deserve so much better :smile: Just sit and have a think about why you are with him, what is it you like about him? Sometimes we love people even when others can't see why. I can't tell you what to do as there is probably a lot I don't know but from what you have said he seems horrid.
fam he sounds lit ngl
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I have been thinking about my over 1 year relationship. My boyfriend can me really cruel sometimes. He comments other people all the time. Only today in Ikea he commented a kid that his face looks like a monkey, a girl - that she is fat and who will want to touch her even. I saw a girl with a funny jacket and I told him I will get the same and he said to me : You will sleep on a balcony then. I said : but you don't have a balcony. He said : exactly (we don't live together). He can comment : Yes, with the face she had I'm not surprised. Or " I wonder how much sausage this woman had to eat to look like that". He tell me I'm using too much water, I'm loud, he is annoyed by how I eat. He told me I squat like a duck, that If I would be driving a scooter It will be dangerous for others because I will create accidents. I'm drinking water with lemon and curcuma and he told me when I told him I have a sore throat : Yeah so go drink your water, it will help you for sure. He told me I looked retarted when I was thinking about something. Also when I couldn't say something and I hesitated he was laughing and saying ""eeee aaa yyyy " imitating me, that I can not put words together porperly. Please adivce me what to do.

he sounds awful. tbh my bf can be a **** too, but at least he never makes fun of me. i wouldn't put up with something like that.
:facepalm2:
Reply 6
Well, I told him. Recently we had a big argument about it and I told him that it makes me sad. He said I just remember bad things but never good ones. I really try but I don't see those good things he says anymore. Saying " My beautiful girlfriend " is not enough when it comes with " your feet are horrible"
Well, I told him. Recently we had a big argument about it and I told him that it makes me sad. He said I just remember bad things but never good ones. I really try but I don't see those good things he says anymore. Saying " My beautiful girlfriend " is not enough when it comes with " your feet are horrible"

You're getting less and less imaginative

If you are unhappy and can't see any of the positive things anymore, why you still with him?
He sounds like a top geezer
He sounds like a top geezer

I don’t think he’s done much wrong, they seem like valid opinions
I don’t think he’s done much wrong, they seem like valid opinions

To be honest OP, your boyfriend is just a chad. Even if you tried to leave him he’s that much of an alpha that it would be impossible - he calls the shots at the end of the day.
lmao the troll invasion at the end of this thread

Go away you stinky trolls
The first few things you said about him indicated that he has a funny, sardonic, dry sense of humour.

And then you got on to the stuff about him not liking the way that you eat. Which is not funny. It's intolerant on his part.

I can see how you'd find him tiresome if he comes out with one joke after the other at other people's expense. And never balances it out with enough kind, tender, positive things.

Do you think it's time for you to say to him "In this relationship, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!"?

Sorry but that made me laugh!
my hubby calls my feet trotters all the time.
He also tells me he loves me.
Seriously though. If you can’t find anything positive in this relationship then you need to end it. It is doing nothing good for your self esteem. It must be very draining being with someone who spends all his time criticising everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending