The Student Room Group

i should stop thinking about him

I'm dating someone and its been a long time and it feels comfortable but he doesn't seem as "passionate" or "intense" towards me anymore, everything falling into habit of sorts, even when i make advances. Meanwhile, one of my close guy friends who know us both, has grown closer over the last couple weeks, and my boyfriend moved away to a different university. I write songs as a way to express my feelings about close friends (something my therapist told me to do), and until now i've only shown my best friend and my boyfriend the songs i've written about them, because it makes me feel really vulnerable. A couple days back, I showed this guy friend the song I wrote about him when we were both really drunk and telling each other how we'd miss this when we move away to university too. He already had his hand around my shoulder while we were sloppily leaning against each other sat on the couch, but then he got really happy reading it and kissed the top of my head, and told me that if i were a colour, id be yellow and got all giggly and we just laughed a lot and he was looking at me funny. I am now freaking out because I can't get that moment out of my mind, and now I'm questioning his feelings towards me and i'm not sure if i'm projecting because my feelings have changed?
Reply 1
its honestly hard to feel on this.. but morally ,

you ARE wrong .

yes your boyfriend isnt right for supplying you with the best amount of attention, but for you to allow your emotions to run through so far for you to consider emotionally and physically cheating is wrong .

you shouldve communicated on how you feel instead of looking entitled , im sorry if this comes off as rude

although ,
you already are second-guessing your relationship so at this point i think you should call it quits with your boyfriend as its not right , especially since he knows your close friend

he could be busy and yet youre being extra friendly with a guy YOUR boyfriend knows. For your friend to make advances shows he does not care for your boyfriend , you could even say hes been wanting to do something like that.. and i feel as if you are only thinking about yourself , instead of saying "hes less affectionate" "he doesnt supply to me anymore" have you ever thought of what could possibly be going on with him ?

but in the end its your choice on what you want to do ! but open and see the consequences.
Reply 2
You've said you are dating, but you are past that and in a relationship if you have a boyfriend; which is it?

Depending on how long you've been together, it could just be that the honeymoon period is over and it's not always a bad thing that your boyfriend is comfortable with you. However, you need to be discussing this with your boyfriend IF you want to sort things out with him. If you got together at school remember he's maturing, he's not an infatuated teen anymore, he's at uni and has all that to manage and enjoy; it's not like you can’t have known he'd be away from you. Make a decision and if it's to stay together, set boundaries for yorself and with your friend for everybody's sake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending