The Student Room Group

Flatmate's boyfriend

I moved out of hostel and shifted with my friend. I was aware that she has a boyfriend but i wasn't aware that they'll be doing live in. Since the day I shifted, the boyfriend also started living with us. Although I have a separate room, still i feel uncomfortable because now my friend doesn't talk with me. It feels like strangers living
Reply 1
Original post by kehekhe
I moved out of hostel and shifted with my friend. I was aware that she has a boyfriend but i wasn't aware that they'll be doing live in. Since the day I shifted, the boyfriend also started living with us. Although I have a separate room, still i feel uncomfortable because now my friend doesn't talk with me. It feels like strangers living

You need to move out….they’re just using you to help pay their rent.
Reply 2
Original post by Tupmole

You need to move out….they’re just using you to help pay their rent.

Okay so the thing is, my flatmate's sister will be shifting with us from Jan. She doesn't know this, that the boyfriend stays with us. Once the sister comes, I'll be sharing the room with that flatmate. And the boyfriend will also move out, because obviously he is not allowed due to the sister
Reply 3
Original post by kehekhe
Okay so the thing is, my flatmate's sister will be shifting with us from Jan. She doesn't know this, that the boyfriend stays with us. Once the sister comes, I'll be sharing the room with that flatmate. And the boyfriend will also move out, because obviously he is not allowed due to the sister

So your flat mate’s sister will have her own room and can entertain her boy/girlfriend whenever she wants, meanwhile you’re sharing with the flatmate!
Expect to be asked to stay out all night rather frequently, whenever your flatmate wants to entertain the boyfriend.
You’re definitely getting the worst of the deal and just subsidising her rent.
She’ll expect you to move out when her sister has settled in and started sharing the rent.
Start looking for a new home asap.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending