The Student Room Group

Online Masters in Education: which university?

I am 56 and have taught in a primary school for 20 odd years. I want to lecture on PGCE courses and have been looking at online MSc and MA courses in education, as this seems a prerequisite. Costs vary : An MA in Exeter costs £10k whilst an MSc at Glasgow costs £15k. Glasgow looks a great university but is it worth the extra £5k? What other universities are worth looking at for an education Masters?

Thanks in advance.
I am 56 and have taught in a primary school for 20 odd years. I want to lecture on PGCE courses and have been looking at online MSc and MA courses in education, as this seems a prerequisite. Costs vary : An MA in Exeter costs £10k whilst an MSc at Glasgow costs £15k. Glasgow looks a great university but is it worth the extra £5k? What other universities are worth looking at for an education Masters?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by horizon2horizon

Thanks in advance.

What is the difference between studying:

MA Education - exeter, Via distance learning (not being there, submiting and watching lectures online)
and
Online Education MA

The first is 2.5k cheaper, and you study the same as the students who are actually there in person, its just the normal course but your watching the lectures on video and talking to your tutors via email. What's the difference with the second? Does it have some special imilimentation/structure for being online etc?

Anyway, my advice is to really look at the online services and platforms each uni uses. Ive studied via distance learning (not 'online') with both UCL and Exeter, and Exeter was fine, and I enjoyed my time, but UCLs resources were far better organised and easy to access as a distance learning student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending