The Student Room Group

Jealous of girlfriend?

My girlfriend is very beautiful and she's the kind of girl whom even girls look back twice.
I have many female friends though not really close friends with any of them. We are just friends but it's not like a deep, close friendship.

Though these girls have their own boyfriends or some dont even fancy me, I have noticed that they actually dont like my girlfriend much.

I had a friend who was also my friends with benefits for a while in university (and I met my girlfriend that time and fell for her though we couldn't get together that time due to me ****ing up my chances with her) and she didn't like my girlfriend at all.
She also recognized her as she had seen her at uni and got bitter that I was chasing her for a legitimate relationship when we were hooking up.

I complimented my girlfriend on her dress and hair in front of my friends and she got even more salty because I remember she would ask me how she looked in certain outfits and I would just say good. I mean she's not really that attractive nor I liked her as a girlfriend so..

She is good friends with most of the girls I know (we had the same group of friends but my girlfriend isn't in this group) and I'm sure she's said nonsense stuff because they gave my girlfriend a cold shoulder which made her feel unwanted when I took her to meet them.
A guy friend also told me that it was probably jealousy from her looks, personality that these girls were acting mean.

This infuriated me and I'm no longer talking to any of the females I was friends with. My girlfriend has mentioned that she has faced this quite a bit from other girls even when she was younger so it's nothing new.

What can I do in this case?
Reply 1
It appears as though the girl you were previously involved with in a "friends with benefits" situation sees your current girlfriend as a threat. It is a natural jealousy for someone to have when they "had" you before. Your other friends that are girls may also take this kind of view therefore would not get along with her. It is almost 100% certain that they are jealous of your girlfriend's looks and/or personality.

Perhaps those girls and your girlfriend are just not compatible as friends. It happens. Not everyone gets along. If those girls were truly your friends they would be supportive of your new girlfriend, it appears they have not been.

My advice to you is to move on from these females and focus on your girlfriend and finding new mutual friends.
Reply 2
Original post by CiaMcG
It appears as though the girl you were previously involved with in a "friends with benefits" situation sees your current girlfriend as a threat. It is a natural jealousy for someone to have when they "had" you before. Your other friends that are girls may also take this kind of view therefore would not get along with her. It is almost 100% certain that they are jealous of your girlfriend's looks and/or personality.

Perhaps those girls and your girlfriend are just not compatible as friends. It happens. Not everyone gets along. If those girls were truly your friends they would be supportive of your new girlfriend, it appears they have not been.

My advice to you is to move on from these females and focus on your girlfriend and finding new mutual friends.

Why threat though?
We were nothing more than FWB and she also knew that. I moved away and we were over.
She also started seeing someone recently so I dont the issue.
My girlfriend, however , was someone I wanted to form a relationship with and I knew this right away. Like the first time I saw her.

She doesnt care and isn't interested in hanging out with them either so it's not her issue. It just bugs me that the people I considered friends have turned their backs on somebody I value and love just because 1 person is salty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending