The Student Room Group

Insecure boyfriend

Hi everyone. I'm starting to feel pretty uncomfortable with how close my girlfriend is getting with a dude she used to have a 'thing' with and I don't really know how to best approach the situation. I have tried speaking to her about it, but it's like she never takes the discussion seriously. If anything, she tries to defend him/their renewed friendship. I do trust my girlfriend, but don't trust the dude in the slightest. It's starting to make me pretty jealous and insecure about myself and I am worried it's going to turn me into a controlling boyfriend. Any tips/help would be highly appreciated!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone. I'm starting to feel pretty uncomfortable with how close my girlfriend is getting with a dude she used to have a 'thing' with and I don't really know how to best approach the situation. I have tried speaking to her about it, but it's like she never takes the discussion seriously. If anything, she tries to defend him/their renewed friendship. I do trust my girlfriend, but don't trust the dude in the slightest. It's starting to make me pretty jealous and insecure about myself and I am worried it's going to turn me into a controlling boyfriend. Any tips/help would be highly appreciated!!

Hi there.
It is weird that you told her you feel but she doesn't seem to care.
I believe you should try talking to her again. If she doesn't listen again, maybe ending things would be the solution.

Though have you tried to know why she did that, how she felt and all?
Reply 2
Stay self assured, treat her with unconcerned affection and treat him with icy ‘I know what you’re’ up to distain. The best way to hold on to a desirable partner, counterintuitively, is to be totally non possessive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending