The Student Room Group

Ucas application please help!

Currently applying for my university options for UCAS but most are higher than my predicted ABB grades :/ my teachers say they could predict me AAB which I feel is unrealistic but that’s all so what I need to get into most of the courses I want. I’m looking at:
Uni of Birmingham -AAA
Uni of Nottingham - AAB
Uni of Loughborough - AAB
Uni of Kent - AAB
Uni of Surrey - ABB
- all for psychology Bsc -
I have thought about applying to universities with lower requirements but none interest me what-so-ever. Is there a possibility I could still get offers? Or should I ask to have my predicteds raise and risk not achieving them??? Please help! Thanks to everyone in advance! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
You may get into the unis, I have friends who applied to psychology with lowers grades than the requirements but got in with an offer with grades higher than their predicted ones (so they got predicted ABB, the uni requirements were AAB and they received an offer that they must get AAB in their actual exams) but they might also just straight up reject you for not having their minimum grades, it depends uni to uni. If you think you could get AAB then ask to have your grades raised, if you don’t want to risk it then you’ll have to look at at least one or two lower grade universities to apply to as a back up. Hope this helps x
Reply 2
Original post by Kaaaylaaa
Currently applying for my university options for UCAS but most are higher than my predicted ABB grades :/ my teachers say they could predict me AAB which I feel is unrealistic but that’s all so what I need to get into most of the courses I want. I’m looking at:
Uni of Birmingham -AAA
Uni of Nottingham - AAB
Uni of Kent - AAB
Uni of Surrey - ABB
I have thought about applying to universities with lower requirements but none interest me what-so-ever. Is there a possibility I could still get offers? Or should I ask to have my predicteds raise and risk not achieving them??? Please help

i think with a really good personal statement u can definitely get into all of them as each of these universities have a history of taking students that are below their entry requirements. i know so many people who have applied to both Nottingham and birmingham with your excat same grades for AAA courses and have gotten in so trust me you will be fine .
If you don't think you'll get AAB or above (which is what everything but Surrey will ask for on there) - I suggest looking at other unis and keeping Surrey in mind.

It's not even about you getting an offer at this point, it sounds like you think even if you got an offer you wouldn't meet it on results day.

Also please look for at least one insurance choice which is a bit lower than your predicted grades.
(edited 4 years ago)
If you don’t think you’ll get the required grades then I suggest that you have an insurance where the requirements are lower. You definitely wouldn’t want to go through clearing because that’s just hectic.

If the university really likes you after considering your statement, predicted grades and if you went to an interview etc. Then sometimes they lower the requirements, it had happened to many of mine.
Uni of Birmingham -AAA
Uni of Nottingham - AAB
Uni of Kent - AAB
Uni of Surrey - ABB
I have thought about applying to universities with lower requirements but none interest me what-so-ever. Is there a possibility I could still get offers? Or should I ask to have my predicteds raise and risk not achieving them??? Please help

Hey there!
So pleased to hear you're looking to study at the University of Kent :smile: I'm an official rep for Kent on TSR and currently in my final year here so if you have any questions about life at Kent or your course then please feel free to ask.
If you're worried about meeting entry requirements then I'd really recommend contacting the Recruitment and Admissions departments for the universities you're looking at as they will be able to give you some more guidance. It is also relatively common for students to get accepted into university with grades slightly below the entry requirements, but this does also depend on the number of applicants too.
Here is the link to the University of Kent's contact information so you can get some piece of mind :smile:
University of Kent Recruitment and Admissions contact
University of Kent Psychology department contact
I hope this helps and best of luck with your A-levels and university applications :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by StudentRep Annabel
Hey there!
So pleased to hear you're looking to study at the University of Kent :smile: I'm an official rep for Kent on TSR and currently in my final year here so if you have any questions about life at Kent or your course then please feel free to ask.
If you're worried about meeting entry requirements then I'd really recommend contacting the Recruitment and Admissions departments for the universities you're looking at as they will be able to give you some more guidance. It is also relatively common for students to get accepted into university with grades slightly below the entry requirements, but this does also depend on the number of applicants too.
Here is the link to the University of Kent's contact information so you can get some piece of mind :smile:
University of Kent Recruitment and Admissions contact
University of Kent Psychology department contact
I hope this helps and best of luck with your A-levels and university applications :biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Uni of Birmingham -AAA
Uni of Nottingham - AAB
Uni of Kent - AAB
Uni of Surrey - ABB
I have thought about applying to universities with lower requirements but none interest me what-so-ever. Is there a possibility I could still get offers? Or should I ask to have my predicteds raise and risk not achieving them??? Please help! Thanks to everyone in advance! :smile:

Hi @Kaaaylaaa,

Glad to hear you're interested in Loughborough for Psychology!
If you haven't already try contacting our undergraduate enquiries team and/or our admissions team. Additionally you could also contact the department directly to speak to someone there about your grades.

Hope this helps,
Emily :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending