The Student Room Group

The % of students that firmed their law offers, by university

The following data sets out the percentage of offerholders who put a university's single honours law course as their firm choice on UCAS. This figure is known as the 'yield'.

This data represents an average for the past five admissions cycles (2015 entry - 2019 entry). Data on joint honours courses (e.g. Law and Politics) has been excluded.

For some universities, data on one or two of the years is not available, so the average is calculated based on the remaining figures that were provided. This means that the true figure may be slightly higher or lower.

The list:

Cambridge - 95%

Oxford - 89%

Leicester - 69%

LSE - 60%

York - 46%

UCL - 42%

City - 38%

King's College London - 36%

Glasgow (Common Law) - 35%

Manchester - 32%

Nottingham - 31%

Essex - 29%

Sussex - 29%

Keele - 29%

Warwick - 28%

Sheffield - 26%

Newcastle - 25%

Lancaster - 24%

Surrey - 22%

Kent - 21%

Southampton - 20%

UEA - 20%

QMUL - 18%

Liverpool - 15%

Source: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6160930#post85401890, Document 14. Durham and Exeter refused to respond.
Surprised UEA is so low, didn't realise it wasn't well regarded in terms of their law school. Especially since Leicester is third most firmed... Interesting.
Original post by MidgetFever
Surprised UEA is so low, didn't realise it wasn't well regarded in terms of their law school. Especially since Leicester is third most firmed... Interesting.

I've seen a few people on TSR say they will Firm Leicester because they want to live at home or have to live at home ....didn't think the figure would be that high though.

I'm surprised QMUL is so low....but then again lots of strong UCL/LSE/Kings applicants put them down as their 4th or 5th choice I guess.
(edited 4 years ago)
Very interesting....it looks like York's policy of interviewing applicants is working well as making them feel more invested in going there
Woah Leicester’s percentage shook me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending