The Student Room Group

If your girlfriend has a sugar daddy

How would you react? If it was strictly platonic between them, so no intimacy, and they just met up for coffee and meals every so often?

Scroll to see replies

I would view it as a breach of trust. She is effectively going out on dates with other men for money.
Not a problem at all
If there's no intimacy they're essentially just friends with the added bonus that she gets paid for spending time with him.
I would dump her. Very few sugar daddy situations would involve no sex and you can have platonic intimacy anyway.
dump
Original post by Anonymous
How would you react? If it was strictly platonic between them, so no intimacy, and they just met up for coffee and meals every so often?

idk man... like maybe just check out what they do incase she lies about the no intimacy bit but, also i dont really have a girl so yea lol.
maybe keep, maybe dump. up to u
I wouldn't like it, if my boyfriend had a sugar momma then i would feel uncomfortable.
Original post by Bruinsgirl40
I wouldn't like it, if my boyfriend had a sugar momma then i would feel uncomfortable.

Charmanderrrrrrr
It is basically prostitution, I would not be comfortable with it.
Dumped
Reply 10

'meet up for coffee' yeah, right. i mean, i know that's the type of bull**** websites like sugarbook want naive teens to believe but come on. being a sugar baby is mostly about sex 99% of the time.
Original post by Ciel.
'meet up for coffee' yeah, right. i mean, i know that's the type of bull**** websites like sugarbook want naive teens to believe but come on. being a sugar baby is mostly about sex 99% of the time.

have you ever had a sugar daddy? i can assure you most of them just want company
Yessss I be like “get them coins sissss” so we can both go on jet skis and shopping in bikinis and get our nails done

(5)
Reply 13
have you ever had a sugar daddy? i can assure you most of them just want company

company and sex. what's the point of misleading people? there is nothing wrong with prostitution.
Original post by IH8Studying
Yessss I be like “get them coins sissss” so we can both go on jet skis and shopping in bikinis and get our nails done

(5)

the nails part got me laughing lol
the nails part got me laughing lol

I expect nothing less. I’m a funny gyal 💋💄💅

(4)
Original post by Ciel.
company and sex. what's the point of misleading people? there is nothing wrong with prostitution.

100% there’s nothing wrong with it. but that’s not what it’s about. genuinely a lot of people who actively seek sugar babies are just lonely/unhappy men who will pay for platonic affection, otherwise itd just be prostitution no?
I wouldn't like it in any war but if they aren't intimate then it sounds more like the guy desperately wants a friend more than anything
Reply 18
100% there’s nothing wrong with it. but that’s not what it’s about. genuinely a lot of people who actively seek sugar babies are just lonely/unhappy men who will pay for platonic affection, otherwise itd just be prostitution no?

platonic affection 😂 more like lonely, unhappy men who expect to get their money's worth. it is prostitution, with a fancy name. the only difference is that it's more of a long term deal that sometimes includes dates, instead of simple one off ****s. again, why are you trying to mislead naive teens? it pisses me off. they think being a sugar baby is a sweet deal that only involves 'platonic dates' because of people like you. it's not. it includes getting ****ed by your *******-daddy, why don't you tell them that, too?

it's not true, dude...
What kind of person pays just to have a coffee with someone but doesn't want anything else?
You're naive mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending