The Student Room Group

Red, itchy thighs after walking in the rain

Hi! So I was walking home from school. It was raining and cold but I still walked. I became wet and I took a hot shower as soon as I arrived home. Now my thighs and knees are red, itchy and hot. Do I need to be concerned or will this go away later?
If they itch when you're actually excercising I've read that can be because you haven't excercised in a long time, but I'm guessing you walk home from school pretty regularly.
Reply 2
Original post by awkwardshortguy
If they itch when you're actually excercising I've read that can be because you haven't excercised in a long time, but I'm guessing you walk home from school pretty regularly.

Yes I do. This is the first time it happened and I'm a bit worried.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes I do. This is the first time it happened and I'm a bit worried.

My theory is when you were cold the blood vessels in your legs constricted to stop you losing body heat through the surface of your body and then the sudden change of temperature when you quickly got a hot shower after being in the cold caused the vessels to dilate again and blood to flow back to your skin causing an itching sensation.
Reply 4
Original post by awkwardshortguy
My theory is when you were cold the blood vessels in your legs constricted to stop you losing body heat through the surface of your body and then the sudden change of temperature when you quickly got a hot shower after being in the cold caused the vessels to dilate again and blood to flow back to your skin causing an itching sensation.

Yeah might be. It stopped now so it may be because of the sudden change in temperature

Quick Reply

Latest