The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KoalaBear2001
I just got an email now and they said they don't know if they can extend the deadline for me, and to consider deferring to 2021 😳

I have to try ☹️ but don't know what will happen if they just say no or that they can't help me. I guess it's up to God now
Original post by ambzzzz
I’m confused, I have an offer for SGUL but won’t receive it officially until results day... how can they tell people who received their offer much earlier on in the year that they should consider deferring for 2021 for not handing in a form on time... yet I haven’t even received a form and likely won’t until results day at the earliest and I could potentially be starting in 2020 if that makes sense?

Congratulations btw 🎉 I'm waiting to results day as well so I don't know why she said to defer.

And that's really strange haha did get the email from St George's at June for the health check form and DBS check BC that's what I'm referring to
Congratulations btw 🎉 I'm waiting to results day as well so I don't know why she said to defer.

And that's really strange haha did get the email from St George's at June for the health check form and DBS check BC that's what I'm referring to

Thanks 😊 & I only got my unofficial offer via email 2 weeks ago so I haven’t had any info about DBS etc. they said they will confirm on results day whether I have a 2020 or 2021 offer
Did anybody receive any sort of confirmation from St. George's? Today is the deadline, I sent all my documents but heard nothing back and the portal hasn't updated either.
Nah I haven’t received anything yet but sent mine off 10th July.

Original post by stuntmanhy
Did anybody receive any sort of confirmation from St. George's? Today is the deadline, I sent all my documents but heard nothing back and the portal hasn't updated either.
The evision thing, you would have used to it when you had your interview invite.
I have no clue what the portal is. I sent off the forms but received no emails to confirm they have received it and i tried calling but no one picked up
Original post by Medicinging
I have no clue what the portal is. I sent off the forms but received no emails to confirm they have received it and i tried calling but no one picked up

Sounds like it's nothing to worry about as nobody seems to have heard back.
Original post by ambzzzz
Thanks 😊 & I only got my unofficial offer via email 2 weeks ago so I haven’t had any info about DBS etc. they said they will confirm on results day whether I have a 2020 or 2021 offer

I wish you all the best ♥️♥️♥️ hopefully it will come sooner rather than later!

As for my Occupational health form, thankfully the doctor completed it after I emphasised the importance of it 😅 so it has all been completed. What a rollercoaster! I hope things go more smoothly on results day though for me I sadly doubt it haha
Original post by stuntmanhy
The evision thing, you would have used to it when you had your interview invite.

Do u still have that interview login? I forgot mine 😬
Original post by anonymous---..
Do u still have that interview login? I forgot mine 😬

It was in the interview invite email they sent out. I wouldn't worry about it though, I don't think it's important, it's just supposed to update when your DBS and Occupational Health Check is complete.
Honestly, you don't need it, I only checked mine because I didn't hear anything.

I'm sure they will send an email when there's any updates.
Hi all,

The course team will be doing their best to keep you updated given the circumstances, and I'm you'll hear back from them soon regarding everything. It's okay if you've not heard back as long as you're not the only one. If you're really concerned, drop an email to [email protected] and they should get back to you fairly quickly.

Best wishes,
Lauren
2nd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
@ambzzz @KoalaBear2001

Congratulations on your offers!

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with the form @KoalaBear2001. The other people and I on this official uni rep account are only students, but let us know if we can help at all and we'll do our best.

Best Wishes,
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
I've got my offer through clearing recently. As I will find out when I start on A-level results day.. Should I get my DBS and occupational health check now or wait until results day? Also I have done DBS through my work place a couple of months ago so would this be accepted or do I need to do another one?
Original post by St George's, University of London
@ambzzz @KoalaBear2001

Congratulations on your offers!

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with the form @KoalaBear2001. The other people and I on this official uni rep account are only students, but let us know if we can help at all and we'll do our best.

Best Wishes,
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

Thank you Lauren ♥️ Hopefully the grades will match up on results day haha:crossedf:

Thankfully the GP got it done and I handed it in on the deadline, so now there's no harm done apart from a lot of anxiety in the moment.

Thank you so much for the help :h:
Original post by Demi.star
I've got my offer through clearing recently. As I will find out when I start on A-level results day.. Should I get my DBS and occupational health check now or wait until results day? Also I have done DBS through my work place a couple of months ago so would this be accepted or do I need to do another one?

Ohhh idk maybe message admissions on that one 🤔 But if they say you can, learn a lesson from me and try to do it ASAP as anything can happen!
Original post by Demi.star

Hi @Demi.star

Congratulations on your offer! The first question would be best directed to admissions on [email protected] as they should be able to advise you about deadlines etc. For the DBS question, if the one you have is enhanced and if you're signed up for the update service then they may be able to get it from that, but in any other case you'll need a new DBS for SGUL specifically.

Hope that helps,
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
Thank you Lauren ♥️ Hopefully the grades will match up on results day haha:crossedf:

Thankfully the GP got it done and I handed it in on the deadline, so now there's no harm done apart from a lot of anxiety in the moment.

Thank you so much for the help :h:

Hi @KoalaBear2001

I'm really glad you got it sorted and in before the deadline, and best of luck for results day!

Best Wishes,
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
btw what's everyone's entry grade, and how certain/confidence that you'll get them from the Ofqual predicted grades influenced by your previous assessments and teachers predictions.

Latest

Trending

Trending