The Student Room Group

Further education/higher education

So I recently applied for university for a business management course applied for three choices within the same area and was declined for all three. After contacting the University I was told that I needed level three qualifications because I only have level to maths and English I work full time and I’m wondering whether I can get funding if I go to college? I’m 27 obviously I have to pay rent and other bills so I wouldn’t be able to go part time without suffering financial consequences. Does anyone have any advice I’ve tried to search online I haven’t found much information.
Reply 1
Do an access course. Loads of information about them online and on this forum.

You will most likely have to cut work to 20/30 hours a week though. Unfortunately making sacrifices is part of returning to education for mature students.
Reply 2
Original post by adam271
Do an access course. Loads of information about them online and on this forum.

You will most likely have to cut work to 20/30 hours a week though. Unfortunately making sacrifices is part of returning to education for mature students.

Do you know of any funding For courses like that
Reply 3
Original post by Cannatrix

There is the advanced learner loan - https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan. Some places accept it, some don't. Basically, you don't have to repay it if you go on to university - A great offer!

There are online access course providers also that you could sign up to and complete your qualifications in the evening. They vary in price and quality.

Have a google and see what you think. If you have any questions about online access courses, I'd be happy to answer them.
Reply 4
Original post by Cannatrix

As DCDco the government should fund the course for you. Meaning you wont have to pay for it.

There is no financial help other than that though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending