The Student Room Group

Boyfriend advice?

I have recently moved schools and have ended up getting a boyfriend.

This guy is basically my perfect guy - hes sweet, kind, honest, funny, caring and respectful. So all that being said, what is my question?

Well, there are two parts. Firstly, I have a fear of intimacy and sex and I want to know how this could be helped? This began in year 7 (I am now in year 12) when at my old school which I attended for 5 years, my friends discovered sex made me uneasy (which is understandable at 11!) But they made it worse by talling about it more, teasing me and trying to gross me out so now it's like a mental block and the topic makes me feel awful... what can I do to fix this?

My second question is a bit different. My boyfriend is amazing like I said above but... I dont think I could ever tell my parents. My parents are extremely protective and could potentially make me break up with him or yell at me? I dont even know. All I know is the thought of telling them induces anxiety attacks. The worst part is, it makes me want to break up with the guy even though I know it would really hurt him which is the last thing I would ever want to do! What should I do?? The latter of my questions is really getting me down because I can't lie to my parents... the guilt is too strong :frown:
Reply 1
Okay so first of all how old are you? Why wouldn’t your parents allow him? Have you tried and talked relationships in general? Second of all. My advice is if you have fear of intimacy/sex make sure your bf knows that you want to take things slow. Don’t rush into anything. Being intimate with someone even if you love them, can be really hard especially in your situation. Maybe start by getting to know your body more ( exploring aka masturbation). If your Bf really is a great guy, he will understand everything, and slowly you’ll trust him enough to do intimate stuff.
Reply 2
Original post by Nyugen_
Okay so first of all how old are you? Why wouldn’t your parents allow him? Have you tried and talked relationships in general? Second of all. My advice is if you have fear of intimacy/sex make sure your bf knows that you want to take things slow. Don’t rush into anything. Being intimate with someone even if you love them, can be really hard especially in your situation. Maybe start by getting to know your body more ( exploring aka masturbation). If your Bf really is a great guy, he will understand everything, and slowly you’ll trust him enough to do intimate stuff.

He does actually know and I've explained the whole reason why in depth and hes very understanding. He says it doesn't matter and perhaps it will change with time.
My parents are very protective (I'm 16 turning 17 soon) and would think I would do things with him when I I definately wouldn't and so perhaps would make me feel uncomfortable or even ask me to end it??? I honestly have no idea how they would react but I somehow can't imagine it to be rainbows and sunshine.
Thanks for replying!
first question: I have no idea since it's never affected me

second question: think carefully whether having a boyfriend is truly that important to you...... if it is more important than the guilt of hiding it from your parents then go ahead as normal.... if it is less important then don't continue and tell him the whole situation..... from what it sounds like he would understand but there's obviously the chance that he doesn't understand but what's the worst that could happen if you do break up with him? you could still remain friends at the end of the day..... anyways it's up to you just weigh out the importance of everything then make a decison
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
first question: I have no idea since it's never affected me

second question: think carefully whether having a boyfriend is truly that important to you...... if it is more important than the guilt of hiding it from your parents then go ahead as normal.... if it is less important then don't continue and tell him the whole situation..... from what it sounds like he would understand but there's obviously the chance that he doesn't understand but what's the worst that could happen if you do break up with him? you could still remain friends at the end of the day..... anyways it's up to you just weigh out the importance of everything then make a decison

Thanks for your reply!
Its not that having a relationship is important or unimportant, but I'm grateful for finding someone who I dont believe I could be beaten by any other person in terms of understanding and kindness. I really struggle with the guilt ap I know I sort of value honesty to them more but at the same time, having to break up with him would hurt him and that's the last thing I would ever want to do
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
He says it doesn't matter and perhaps it will change with time.
My parents are very protective (I'm 16 turning 17 soon) and would think I would do things with him when I I definately wouldn't and so perhaps would make me feel uncomfortable or even ask me to end it???

https://youtu.be/aQya-a67t30

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending