What to wear on first date? Watch

xsofiex
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, going out for dinner with a lad in London. We are both 18, and not sure what to wear. His usual style is casual laidback streetwear, and I want to look really pretty and make effort but not over the top. What should I wear?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Where are you going for dinner?
xsofiex
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Where are you going for dinner?
Not anything fancy, but not like a greasy spoon café, if that makes sense. It's fairly casual but would still like to make an effort.
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What sort of look do you want to go for. Do you want to go casual, a nice top and a pair of Jean's or trousers.
Or more formal a top and a nice skirt or dress.
For me alot would depend on what type of place you were going to, secondly what your date is wearing, you dont want to turn up overdressed.
If it were me going on a first date I would make a bit of a effort without going ott.
Probably a nice top and a skirt. Hope this helps. Good luck. X
xsofiex
Rep:
?
(Original post by Karisa96)
What sort of look do you want to go for. Do you want to go casual, a nice top and a pair of Jean's or trousers.
Or more formal a top and a nice skirt or dress.
For me alot would depend on what type of place you were going to, secondly what your date is wearing, you dont want to turn up overdressed.
If it were me going on a first date I would make a bit of a effort without going ott.
Probably a nice top and a skirt. Hope this helps. Good luck. X
Thanks so much for the reply My date's fashion sense would be fairly casual, and I dont want to be too overdressed. However, I personally would feel more comfortable in jeans rather than a skirt/dress. My issue is mainly with matching colours correctly :?
lightsabir
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xsofiex)
casual laidback streetwear
Canada Goose jacket tickkk
Nike Jumper tickkk
White AF1s tickkk
Literally Armani jeans tickkk

Soz this is what's going through my head when someone says casual laidback streetwear... Nowadays. LOL
xsofiex
Rep:
?
(Original post by lightsabir)
Canada Goose jacket tickkk
Nike Jumper tickkk
White AF1s tickkk
Literally Armani jeans tickkk

Soz this is what's going through my head when someone says casual laidback streetwear... Nowadays. LOL
Hahaha, I mean you're not far off to be fair But then again he is a teenage boy I guess!
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks so much for the reply My date's fashion sense would be fairly casual, and I dont want to be too overdressed. However, I personally would feel more comfortable in jeans rather than a skirt/dress. My issue is mainly with matching colours correctly :?
There you go Hun, your pretty much already to go.
Wear what you feel comfortable in.
Save the skirt/,dress for another day, if things work out between you. X
dj_ad_1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, going out for dinner with a lad in London. We are both 18, and not sure what to wear. His usual style is casual laidback streetwear, and I want to look really pretty and make effort but not over the top. What should I wear?
aww first of all id like to say good luck with ur date. Im a guy and im 18 but ill give u a honest opinion on what to wear. I think u should wear a bright red dress but not too bright and then u can put on matching makeup like red lipstick n stuff. U just wanna seem simple and not too overly dressed cos u wanna get the right impression from the guy.
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Probably a nice top and trousers.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Women should always wear a skirt or dress for a date regardless of what the guy is wearing.
otkmfren
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Women should always wear a skirt or dress for a date regardless of what the guy is wearing.
What if you’re going

Hiking
Cycling
Theme park
Skiing

You should still wear a skirt or a dress? What if it’s freezing?

TLDR; don’t take advice from wikihow literally.
boods8897
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
It would have to be something really fancy for me to wear a dress 😂 I don't even wear dresses or skirts to go clubbing, not gonna wear them on a date and feel awkward and uncomfortable all night
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (91)
35.55%
I really love the subject (70)
27.34%
I don't know what else to do (30)
11.72%
I can't get a job (18)
7.03%
My parents want me to (7)
2.73%