The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Username2346774
Honestly, yes. I really do, I love law and learning all about it. Ironic how I broke the law but if I can get past this stage in life where I messed up really badly, it’ll be something I look back and I laugh on for being so stupid. I really do see myself as a lawyer or maybe even in the police force at this point, to really make a change.

You need to find out if this might stop you from being allowed to do law. They won't like that you committed fraud, it doesn't look good as a part of your character that you would allow it.

You need to tell your parents, you will be unable to hide it from them and will need help to work around not having a normal way of banking.
Original post by mnot
Your 16, grow up tell them. Big enough to do the crime, now be big enough to sort it out (or at least get help).

Yes, I’ll find a way to sort it out
Wdum lying, at no point am I making lies. Everything I feel is genuine and I’m being honest for my poor mistakes.

And yes I do understand £1000 isn’t a small amount.
I’d like to keep this on a lid for now.

The fraud is a lie.
You arent going to have the option of keeping a lid on it because your mum will find out when she pays money to you and it is returned.
Honestly, yes. I really do, I love law and learning all about it. Ironic how I broke the law but if I can get past this stage in life where I messed up really badly, it’ll be something I look back and I laugh on for being so stupid. I really do see myself as a lawyer or maybe even in the police force at this point, to really make a change.

I don't suppose you are going to have a career in finance, banking, law or the police with a CIFAS6. Going all mea culpa is something, but it's not enough to get you out of this hole you've dug. You could try to speak to a solicitor about whether your age offers any mitigation, but as it seems clear you knew from the outset what you are doing, that doesn't seem very likely, but there might be a loophole.

Your parents will find out, because you won't be able to open a conventional bank account for the next 6 years. So University finances are going to be a pain. Renting a house is going to be difficult.
Original post by threeportdrift
I don't suppose you are going to have a career in finance, banking, law or the police with a CIFAS6. Going all mea culpa is something, but it's not enough to get you out of this hole you've dug. You could try to speak to a solicitor about whether your age offers any mitigation, but as it seems clear you knew from the outset what you are doing, that doesn't seem very likely, but there might be a loophole.

Your parents will find out, because you won't be able to open a conventional bank account for the next 6 years. So University finances are going to be a pain. Renting a house is going to be difficult.

Tbh I plan to live with my parents as I have a nice loft. I have another current account with Natwest so I’m not sure if this will be affected as well.

I will have a call with Halifax tomorrow to see exactly the damage I have caused and whether they placed a CIFAS on my name. Thank you everyone for ur replies and ur harsh advice, I really do want to change I honestly do.
Tbh I plan to live with my parents as I have a nice loft. I have another current account with Natwest so I’m not sure if this will be affected as well.

I will have a call with Halifax tomorrow to see exactly the damage I have caused and whether they placed a CIFAS on my name. Thank you everyone for ur replies and ur harsh advice, I really do want to change I honestly do.

none of the advice has been harsh, just pull the bandaid off & tell your parents, you probably want them their for the conversation. Not in a rude way but thinking under pressure is not your strong suit.
Reply 26
have you paid them there money back. maybe playing the thick 16 year old over trusting young boy. if they have there money back they wont be over motivated to push for tougher action. be grateful the plod are very un keen on this kind of crime. how did you make out the money was taken. im surprised they gave you 60 days notice. it maybe they are not happy with your management of your account. giving others your pin is a breach of there terms and conditions.
Reply 27
and mate committing fraud is not the sign of a future lawyer more their customers.
Can't believe you were naive enough to let the idiot walk away with the money.

Yes you were being incredibly stupid and frankly now you've got to deal with the consequences. :colonhash:

Why did you in your (not so) right mind, think you'd ever get away with this? Wow :s-smilie:
Original post by paub
have you paid them there money back. maybe playing the thick 16 year old over trusting young boy. if they have there money back they wont be over motivated to push for tougher action. be grateful the plod are very un keen on this kind of crime. how did you make out the money was taken. im surprised they gave you 60 days notice. it maybe they are not happy with your management of your account. giving others your pin is a breach of there terms and conditions.

Ik the money was taken because the person doing it told me the money was taken out.
Original post by mnot
none of the advice has been harsh, just pull the bandaid off & tell your parents, you probably want them their for the conversation. Not in a rude way but thinking under pressure is not your strong suit.

Wdum it’s not my strong suit.
Original post by paub
and mate committing fraud is not the sign of a future lawyer more their customers.

and i ooop
Good luck being a lawyer after this kid. You say you're "money savvy" but you've been roped into such an obvious fraud here. It'll be on your record, unless it's wiped you won't have much luck being a lawyer or working as an accountant or investment banker with FRAUDSTER written all over you. Tell your parents before the police do.
My friend has the money. He’s just holding it for now.
Why did I think I’d get away with this? I was just convinced. Risk free they told me, “nothing that bad” “it’s not like squares where we steal thousands of someones money”
Reply 35
Why did I think I’d get away with this? I was just convinced. Risk free they told me, “nothing that bad” “it’s not like squares where we steal thousands of someones money”

risk free thats why it was your account not theirs. and you were part of an organised attempt at serious fraud. be very grateful your British. the yanks would be locking you up for this.

So for 6 years, until you are 22, you are going to live in your parents loft, and not tell them about the CIFAS6? So you aren't going to go to Uni? So you aren't going to get a job? How are they going to feel about that?

I'm not saying that you can't go to Uni or work with a CIFAS, but you aren't likely to be able to hold a standard bank account, or have a credit or debit card. There's no practical way you are not going to have to tell your parents. And if you do it now, they might be able to get some help in deciding if there is any way the CIFAS can be removed or the time reduced because of your age.
Original post by threeportdrift
So for 6 years, until you are 22, you are going to live in your parents loft, and not tell them about the CIFAS6? So you aren't going to go to Uni? So you aren't going to get a job? How are they going to feel about that?

I'm not saying that you can't go to Uni or work with a CIFAS, but you aren't likely to be able to hold a standard bank account, or have a credit or debit card. There's no practical way you are not going to have to tell your parents. And if you do it now, they might be able to get some help in deciding if there is any way the CIFAS can be removed or the time reduced because of your age.

Im starting to think this guys a troll, he'd rather fake his own death and create a new identity then just tell his parents and go seek some qualified council on how to approach this.

If you believed them this was risk free, your a fool. This is at a minimum fraud and could even be considered racketeering.
Reply 39
wanting to be a lawyer 😂.

What are you going to do until you're 23?

Latest

Trending

Trending