The Student Room Group

Chat-Life decision

Hi guys, hope ur well!
I need some advice on a decision I want to make. Currently, I am doing an Access course to computing and GCSE Science, I am enjoying the access course and I love it. but believe it I need some time for this specific course as might some of u know how this course can be difficult, however when it comes to Science I DONT UNDERSTAND A BIT... like for real I think tutor is speaking in another language... maybe bcs English is not my first language idk... but the only reason I am doing Science is so I can get to Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) and I like it, however, I must have my gcse science. But on the other hand, I can get to uni without science in another uni which is outside of Manchester, I don't really know if I am ready to live alone yet... I am 19 years old, I have this feeling if I dropped out of science I might regret that badly, so I wanna like avoid that regret thing... but as I said earlier I really hate science and I feel studying this course is SO USELESS for me at least... I don't enjoy it and I don't have time for it and I don't stand it :frown:
so if you can please list ur opinion and help me out a bit I would highly appreciate it,
whether you think I should drop out of science or fight harder to get the 2 courses done and open up some choices in future if that makes sense, really appreciate reading this huge essay... but I need opinions and advice!
Can you pick up any extra study classes? Have you spoken to your teacher in regard to your struggles? They might be able to help!

I think most people are a bit anxious moving out on their own, but it can be a real eye-opener and a chance to learn more about who you are as a person. You'll be moving out one day so why not now? :smile:

I'd stay stick at it and see if you can get any extra help, maybe on the specific topics you're struggling with. Have you tried YouTube? sometimes visuals can really help when it comes to science as we don't all learn the same way.
Reply 2
Original post by daintydaisy
Can you pick up any extra study classes? Have you spoken to your teacher in regard to your struggles? They might be able to help!

I think most people are a bit anxious moving out on their own, but it can be a real eye-opener and a chance to learn more about who you are as a person. You'll be moving out one day so why not now? :smile:

I'd stay stick at it and see if you can get any extra help, maybe on the specific topics you're struggling with. Have you tried YouTube? sometimes visuals can really help when it comes to science as we don't all learn the same way.

thanks for your reply!
it's not much of a struggle tbh, I just don't like it, that's why I don't study science as much as I am supposed to, and believe it or not my teachers dont really care if I understand or not...
and for the moving out thing, I am not sure maybe I am scared and making excuses so I don't want to be alone.... maybe.... I dont really know what I want...
If you have options then if I were you I’d continue with science. If you don’t get it you can go to uni out of Manchester.
You’d know you gave it your best shot rather than giving up.
Please speak to your tutors and ask for help. They will want to help you.
If you have the topics and you think your English is letting you down, have you thought of looking for online resources in your first language? That might help you
Regarding leaving home, some are ready, some not. But again give it a go. If you really hate it then you could possibly transfer for second year.
Remember, you only fail when you stop trying
Reply 4
Original post by Sammylou40
If you have options then if I were you I’d continue with science. If you don’t get it you can go to uni out of Manchester.
You’d know you gave it your best shot rather than giving up.
Please speak to your tutors and ask for help. They will want to help you.
If you have the topics and you think your English is letting you down, have you thought of looking for online resources in your first language? That might help you
Regarding leaving home, some are ready, some not. But again give it a go. If you really hate it then you could possibly transfer for second year.
Remember, you only fail when you stop trying

Thanks alot, I needed some of that motivation speech, I’ll give it a shot
Original post by Abdo.
Thanks alot, I needed some of that motivation speech, I’ll give it a shot

You’re welcome
Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending