The Student Room Group

BTEC H&S Care Unit 5: Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs Work Explained

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fxxs
hi do you have unit 10? if not do you have the text book for unit 10?

No unfortunately
Original post by Starlight15
Before you start this make sure you read through both of your case studies one child and one adult

PASS

P1: Explain the importance of promoting equality and diversity for individuals with different needs

Start by defining what equality and diversity is on page 4 to 5 using this book or this if you don't have the book. Then explain why it's important for us to promote equality and diversity for the adult and child in your case study (i.e. it's important to promote equality and diversity for Ben so that we can give people equal opportunities etc.)

P2: Explain the skills and personal attributes necessary for professionals who care for individuals with different needs

Use page 7 to 12 to help you with this task then link it to your case study

P3: Explain how to incorporate ethical principles into the provision of support for individuals with different needs

For this you need to explain different ethnic principles (use page 14 to 15 for guidance) and how these principles can be applied to support individuals one adult and child in your case study (i.e. the four key ethical practices of principlism which are ...... can help Ben to.......)

P4: Explain the strategies and communication techniques used with individuals with different needs to overcome different challenges

Use page 24 to 31 for strategies and page 35 to 40 for communication techniques to help you with this task. For this you need to list down strategies AND communication techniques to help the individulas in your case study overcome different challenges

P5: Explain the benefits of promoting personalisation when overcoming challenges faced by individuals with different needs

Use Page 32 to 34 to help you. (i.e. one of the benefits of promoting personalisation towards Rebecca who is paralysed is that.......)

P6: Explain why meeting the needs of the individuals requires the involvement of different agencies

Use page 44 to 47 to help you. (i.e. Ben who has downs syndrome needs different agencies such as the CCQ to meet his needs so that they get high quality care etc.)

P7: Explain the roles and responsibilities of different members of the multi-disciplinary team in meeting the needs of specific individuals

Use page 47 to 48 to help you (i.e. the role of the speech therapist for a child with autism is to...) make sure that you choose an example of a specific individual you would want to talk about as you would need this later on (i.e. a 11 year old child with autism)

P8: Explain the arrangements for managing information between professionals

Use page 54 to help you (i.e. professionals manage information to oher professionals by...)

MERIT

M1: Analyse the impact of preventing discrimination for individuals with different needs
For this you need to explain the importance of preventing discrimination. (i.e. It's important to prevent discimination because if we don't it can lead to individuals with different needs having a loss of confidence in themselves...) make sure you give more than one reason. Clue: page 5 for ideas

M2: Assess different methods professionals might use when building relationships and establishing trust with individuals with needs

Page 11 to 13 to help you. Talk about ways which a professional can build a relationship and trust with individuals (i.e. one way in which a professional can build a relationship is... (attachment...) one way they can build trust is (emphathy...) then explain in more detail about this

M3: Analyse how an ethical approach to providing support would benefit specific individuals with different needs

For this, do some reaersch on a ethnical approach i.e. Principlism use page 14 to 15 for ideas for an ehnical approach to use then explain how this would benefit an individual with a specific need that you have choosen to talk about (i.e. the theory Principlism can (help to support/benefit) a child with autism because...)

M4: Assess the strategies and communication techniques used to overcome different challenges faced by individuals with different care and support needs

For this, you need to explain the pros and cons for the different strategies and communication techniques that you have spoken about in P4 (i.e. BSL might be useful for deaf individuals however....)

M5: Assess the benefits of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working for specific individuals with care and support needs

For this part, explain why the individuals in your case will need multi-disciplinary team working for them (i.e. Rebecca needs multi-disciplinary teams such as …. To provide high quality care for her or to support her throughout her day to day life (think of as many benefits as you can)

Use page 47 to 49 for guidance

M6: Analyse the impact of legislation and codes of practice relating to information management on multi-disciplinary working

For this, talk about how legislation such as the data protection act and codes of practice such as the 6Cs can impact a multi-disciplinary team (go to page 57 for list of legislation and codes of practice) for example, if the someone in the multidisciplinary team doesn’t follow the data protection act by talking to you multidisciplinary team in a public space they’re sharing information to other people and breaking the data protection act (tip in page 57 that shows a table think of how breaking these legislations can impact each act or code of practice)

Use page 50 to 57 for guidance

DISTINCTION

D1: Evaluate the success of promoting anti discriminatory practice for specific individuals with different needs

For this, explain the benefits that the healthcare professionals has done in the case study to promote anti discriminatory practice to the individuals in your case study (for example, by the healthcare professionals promoting anti discriminatory practice towards Ben who’s a wheelchair they are promoting equality, diversity and preventing discrimination by following the equality act and giving him access to the hospital) (tip look at the whole of learning aim A heading and subheadings and develop your points with these headings)

D2: Justify the strategies and techniques used to overcome ethical issues and challenges experienced by individuals with different needs when planning and providing care

Fir this, explain WHY these strategies and techniques you talked about to overcome ethical issues and challenges can benefit the individuals you talked about in your case study (for example one of the strategies used to overcomes ethical issues is for Ben is managing confidentiality the reason why the healthcare professionals need to manage confidentiality is that it enables trust between the service users and healthcare professional in the attachment theory it states that…) and then do the same for over coming challenges (one paragraph for ethical issues the one paragraph for challenges)

Page 16 to 23 and 24 to 32 for guidance

D3: Justify how organisations and professionals work together to meet individual needs while managing information and maintaining confidentiality

For this explain WHY professionals need to work together to manage information and maintain confidentiality while also meet individual’s needs (the case studies). For example, professionals must work together to maintain information and confidentiality about Sam because he’s a vulnerable child with abusive parents they should do this by the multidisciplinary team having meetings in private, storing information where nobody can see and making him anonymous by referring to him as Childs A, by doing this they are following the data protection Act and the CCG code of practice they are also keeping Sam safe from his parents

D4: Evaluate how multi-agency and multidisciplinary working can meet the care and support needs of specific individuals

For this part treat this like a conclusion. Explain why multi-agency and multidisciplinary are important and how they can meet the support needs of individuals in general by going through your previous points and mentioning your case study (For example, multi-agency and multidisciplinary teams are important for supporting Rebecca’s needs because….)

Unit 4: Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care
Unit 7: Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
Unit 8: Promoting Public Health
Unit 12: Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs
Unit 14: Physiological Disorders and Their Care

hi, are you able to explain how i mention how the ethical practices can help service users
Original post by hannah99257419
hi, are you able to explain how i mention how the ethical practices can help service users

I'll give you two example for beneficence it's balancing the benefits of treatment against the risks and costs involved

So for example if a service user needs a live saving treatment and it's really expensive it is worth spending a lot a money to provide them a life saving treatment?

Same for non-maleficence this means that healthcare professionals must do no harm intentionally and must provide a standard of care which avoiding risk or minimizing it. So for example avoiding negligent care of a service user is one
I'll give you two example for beneficence it's balancing the benefits of treatment against the risks and costs involved

So for example if a service user needs a live saving treatment and it's really expensive it is worth spending a lot a money to provide them a life saving treatment?

Same for non-maleficence this means that healthcare professionals must do no harm intentionally and must provide a standard of care which avoiding risk or minimizing it. So for example avoiding negligent care of a service user is one

thank you so much!
Before you start this make sure you read through both of your case studies one child and one adult

PASS

P1: Explain the importance of promoting equality and diversity for individuals with different needs

Start by defining what equality and diversity is on page 4 to 5 using this book or this if you don't have the book. Then explain why it's important for us to promote equality and diversity for the adult and child in your case study (i.e. it's important to promote equality and diversity for Ben so that we can give people equal opportunities etc.)

P2: Explain the skills and personal attributes necessary for professionals who care for individuals with different needs

P3: Explain how to incorporate ethical principles into the provision of support for individuals with different needs

For this you need to explain different ethnic principles (use page 14 to 15 for guidance) and how these principles can be applied to support individuals one adult and child in your case study (i.e. the four key ethical practices of principlism which are ...... can help Ben to.......)

P4: Explain the strategies and communication techniques used with individuals with different needs to overcome different challenges

Use page 24 to 31 for strategies and page 35 to 40 for communication techniques to help you with this task. For this you need to list down strategies AND communication techniques to help the individulas in your case study overcome different challenges

P5: Explain the benefits of promoting personalisation when overcoming challenges faced by individuals with different needs

Use Page 32 to 34 to help you. (i.e. one of the benefits of promoting personalisation towards Rebecca who is paralysed is that.......)

P6: Explain why meeting the needs of the individuals requires the involvement of different agencies

Use page 44 to 47 to help you. (i.e. Ben who has downs syndrome needs different agencies such as the CCQ to meet his needs so that they get high quality care etc.)

P7: Explain the roles and responsibilities of different members of the multi-disciplinary team in meeting the needs of specific individuals

Use page 47 to 48 to help you (i.e. the role of the speech therapist for a child with autism is to...) make sure that you choose an example of a specific individual you would want to talk about as you would need this later on (i.e. a 11 year old child with autism)

Use page 54 to help you (i.e. professionals manage information to oher professionals by...)

MERIT

M1: Analyse the impact of preventing discrimination for individuals with different needs
For this you need to explain the importance of preventing discrimination. (i.e. It's important to prevent discimination because if we don't it can lead to individuals with different needs having a loss of confidence in themselves...) make sure you give more than one reason. Clue: page 5 for ideas

M2: Assess different methods professionals might use when building relationships and establishing trust with individuals with needs

Page 11 to 13 to help you. Talk about ways which a professional can build a relationship and trust with individuals (i.e. one way in which a professional can build a relationship is... (attachment...) one way they can build trust is (emphathy...) then explain in more detail about this

M3: Analyse how an ethical approach to providing support would benefit specific individuals with different needs

For this, do some reaersch on a ethnical approach i.e. Principlism use page 14 to 15 for ideas for an ehnical approach to use then explain how this would benefit an individual with a specific need that you have choosen to talk about (i.e. the theory Principlism can (help to support/benefit) a child with autism because...)

M4: Assess the strategies and communication techniques used to overcome different challenges faced by individuals with different care and support needs

For this, you need to explain the pros and cons for the different strategies and communication techniques that you have spoken about in P4 (i.e. BSL might be useful for deaf individuals however....)

M5: Assess the benefits of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working for specific individuals with care and support needs

For this part, explain why the individuals in your case will need multi-disciplinary team working for them (i.e. Rebecca needs multi-disciplinary teams such as …. To provide high quality care for her or to support her throughout her day to day life (think of as many benefits as you can)

M6: Analyse the impact of legislation and codes of practice relating to information management on multi-disciplinary working

For this, talk about how legislation such as the data protection act and codes of practice such as the 6Cs can impact a multi-disciplinary team (go to page 57 for list of legislation and codes of practice) for example, if the someone in the multidisciplinary team doesn’t follow the data protection act by talking to you multidisciplinary team in a public space they’re sharing information to other people and breaking the data protection act (tip in page 57 that shows a table think of how breaking these legislations can impact each act or code of practice)

DISTINCTION

D1: Evaluate the success of promoting anti discriminatory practice for specific individuals with different needs

For this, explain the benefits that the healthcare professionals has done in the case study to promote anti discriminatory practice to the individuals in your case study (for example, by the healthcare professionals promoting anti discriminatory practice towards Ben who’s a wheelchair they are promoting equality, diversity and preventing discrimination by following the equality act and giving him access to the hospital) (tip look at the whole of learning aim A heading and subheadings and develop your points with these headings)

D2: Justify the strategies and techniques used to overcome ethical issues and challenges experienced by individuals with different needs when planning and providing care

Fir this, explain WHY these strategies and techniques you talked about to overcome ethical issues and challenges can benefit the individuals you talked about in your case study (for example one of the strategies used to overcomes ethical issues is for Ben is managing confidentiality the reason why the healthcare professionals need to manage confidentiality is that it enables trust between the service users and healthcare professional in the attachment theory it states that…) and then do the same for over coming challenges (one paragraph for ethical issues the one paragraph for challenges)

D3: Justify how organisations and professionals work together to meet individual needs while managing information and maintaining confidentiality

For this explain WHY professionals need to work together to manage information and maintain confidentiality while also meet individual’s needs (the case studies). For example, professionals must work together to maintain information and confidentiality about Sam because he’s a vulnerable child with abusive parents they should do this by the multidisciplinary team having meetings in private, storing information where nobody can see and making him anonymous by referring to him as Childs A, by doing this they are following the data protection Act and the CCG code of practice they are also keeping Sam safe from his parents

D4: Evaluate how multi-agency and multidisciplinary working can meet the care and support needs of specific individuals

For this part treat this like a conclusion. Explain why multi-agency and multidisciplinary are important and how they can meet the support needs of individuals in general by going through your previous points and mentioning your case study (For example, multi-agency and multidisciplinary teams are important for supporting Rebecca’s needs because….)

Hi, I'm struggling with the effects of positive discrimination on Valerie. Could you help me? :smile:
Original post by btecs098
Hi, I'm struggling with the effects of positive discrimination on Valerie. Could you help me? :smile:

I'm not sure who Valerie is, is she a case study?
I'm not sure who Valerie is, is she a case study?

yes, she's a case study. Shall I post the case study here?
(edited 3 years ago)
yes, she's a case study. Shall I post the case study here?

Yes please
Yes please

here (:
here (:

First define positive discrimination

Then explain how would positive discrimination would benefit Valarie since positive discrimination won't have a bad effect on her, for example, as Valarie is unemployed and is on universal benefits, if the manager puts her in as a priority and gives her a job this will benefit her as she would be able to afford healthy foods, or move Valarie into a flat with people who have similar issues to her as this would prevent bulling from happening

Hope this helps x
(edited 3 years ago)
First define positive discrimination

Then explain how would positive discrimination would benefit Valarie since positive discrimination won't have a bad effect on her, for example, as Valarie is unemployed and is on universal benefits, if the manager puts her in as a priority and gives her a job this will benefit her as she would be able to afford healthy foods, or move Valarie into a flat with people who have similar issues to her as this would prevent bulling from happening

Hope this helps x

Thank you so much! x
what case study can be used in p6 apart from billys case study ??

Original post by fxxs
Im still struggling :frown:
Hi I'm looking in the book but the page numbers don't match up with anything to do with unit 5 I've got the same book but I'm not sure why they don't match the numbers you've mentioned?
Damn im struggling to do unit 5 learning aim d and i have it due saturday midnight anyone free to help?
Reply 54

PASS

MERIT

DISTINCTION

Unit 11: Psychological Perspectives
Unit 18: Assessing Children’s Development Support Needs

I was wondering How many words should be used in Each learning Aim, this is because I over detail everything and find the ins and outs of every situation due to my adhd.
for learning aim a/b/c I've wrong 27k words
and on my learning aim D I'm at 8k words.
Also are u meant to put everything into your own words, or copy the hsc booklet for legislation. this is because I look at examples and they all copy the hsc booklet
Original post by billsj
I was wondering How many words should be used in Each learning Aim, this is because I over detail everything and find the ins and outs of every situation due to my adhd.
for learning aim a/b/c I've wrong 27k words
and on my learning aim D I'm at 8k words.
Also are u meant to put everything into your own words, or copy the hsc booklet for legislation. this is because I look at examples and they all copy the hsc booklet

There's no specific word count you can write as much as you want
Reply 56
There's no specific word coun

but whats the average, u do hsc
Original post by billsj
but whats the average, u do hsc

Per learning aim question I write about around 500 to 1,000 words on average but if I'm passionate about it then it's 2,000
Reply 58
Per learning aim question I write about around 500 to 1,000 words on average but if I'm passionate about it then it's 2,000

Ow welp

Ive wrote 27k words for learning aim AB/C and 11k words for learning aim D
Original post by billsj
Ow welp

Ive wrote 27k words for learning aim AB/C and 11k words for learning aim D

That's really good tbh, it shows that your passionate about the subject

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending