The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

The university of Nottingham accommodation

Does anyone that studies at the jubilee campus live at the University Park campus?
How long would it take to travel from the main campus to the jubilee?
Are any halls particularly boring to stay at?
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone that studies at the jubilee campus live at the University Park campus?
How long would it take to travel from the main campus to the jubilee?
Are any halls particularly boring to stay at?

Hi plenty of people do this, their is a free bus between campuses. Additionally you can walk Jubilee is really just over the road from uni park campus, I travel between the two often and choose to walk (unless its tipping it down). Students who live or study at either campus are really part of one community.

Halls is what you make it rather then one specifically being more boring, only exception is people who live in studios (which are a quieter as you dont have flat mates...) that said I dont know if their are any studio apartments on uni park anyway.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Hi plenty of people do this, their is a free bus between campuses. Additionally you can walk Jubilee is really just over the road from uni park campus, I travel between the two often and choose to walk (unless its tipping it down). Students who live or study at either campus are really part of one community.

Halls is what you make it rather then one specifically being more boring, only exception is people who live in studios (which are a quieter as you dont have flat mates...) that said I dont know if their are any studio apartments on uni park anyway.

Ok, thank you.
Original post by mnot

Hi. Should go for catering accommodation or not (EU applicant)? If I apply for self-catered option, is there any market (Lidl, Tesco ...) near the campus where I can by groceries and how far is it? And how far are this halls from the chemistry building? Can I walk to get there? Thank you.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Petar 2001
Hi. I'm EU applicant for 2020 and want to know if I should go for catering accommodation or not? If I apply for self-catered option, is there any market (Lidl, Tesco ...) near the campus where I can by groceries and how far is it? And how far are this halls from the chemistry building? Can I walk to get there? Thank you.

You can go whatever you prefer catered or self-catered.

Self-catered: there is plenty of shops.
Broadgate is near a tesco, Iceland, Sainsbury, Lidl & more
St Peters Court & raleigh are near: lidl, Aldi, B&M
Alternatively you can order supermarket delivery but this will mean doing slightly larger food shops...

There is also a mini shop on campus which sells essentialls.
Although geographically Jubilee and University park are close together, the size of University Park is huge (took me 30 min to walk from tram stop by park and lake to student halls when visiting), so if you are going to live there and commute to Jubilee, try to be clever about where you stay. However, I think my best advice would be to try get accommodation on the campus you are going to be studying on, it makes it so much easier when trying to get up and out for 8/9am lectures :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending