The Student Room Group

I don’t want to go back to college because I am under camhs

I don’t want my teachers to think I am crazy and judge me. I am scared of what people think of me and what teachers think of me. I wish I can just leave altogether. I don’t want teachers or anyone staring at me. Camhs told me that they won’t liaise with the college unless I say I will do something stupid and even then they will tell me. but I don’t believe them, it is written on my file and I don’t even want to go to work now because now everyone will know I am under camhs or any other mental health service. I would rather sit at home and lock myself away.
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t want my teachers to think I am crazy and judge me. I am scared of what people think of me and what teachers think of me. I wish I can just leave altogether. I don’t want teachers or anyone staring at me. Camhs told me that they won’t liaise with the college unless I say I will do something stupid and even then they will tell me. but I don’t believe them, it is written on my file and I don’t even want to go to work now because now everyone will know I am under camhs or any other mental health service. I would rather sit at home and lock myself away.

As an ex teacher, I never felt any judgement towards people with any disability or physical/mental health issues, ieps, CAMHS involvement etc. Adults, generally, know that life is a lot more nuanced that teenagers and also, with no disrespect, you wouldn’t be particularly unique in having CAMHS involvement. I may have picked you out a bit more in terms of checking you were okay/needed some support, but I wouldn’t have thought you were “crazy” on the basis of CAMHS involvement. In terms of your peers, they don’t need to know if you don’t want them to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending