The Student Room Group

Struggling to cope without gta 5

Ive been struggling to cope without ps4, I have just been feeling very bored. I share the console but most of the time the room the console is in is occupied so i cant play gta often. I have been really struggling to cope without gta as in, I cant get my mind off it, I cant stop watching video about it, I just want to go on and drives some cars etc. I have been pretty upset without gta because I only get to go on it every week if that, maybe I even have a month without it. I could buy my own ps4 but I dont have the money.

Anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
used to be the same for me but after a week you get used to life bro trust me
its probs for the better
find another addiction
like masturbating or coffee
Reply 2
Original post by mio.648
used to be the same for me but after a week you get used to life bro trust me
its probs for the better
find another addiction
like masturbating or coffee

But i will get addicted to them as well then ill be the with them
Reply 3
get addicted to something thats alright
like gym or schoolwork
like if you keep doing it then its gets better and you distract yourself
Original post by Anonymous
But i will get addicted to them as well then ill be the with them

I used to have a videogame addiction when I was young, so my parents used to confiscate it during school weeks and let em play during holidays and half terms.

As I grew older, I still had the urge but I ended up being a completionist (something which tends to happen if your a cheapskate / have little money) so I ended up buying new games, completing them as fast as I could and returning all the ones that I had nothing left to do (and in the uk, you get full refund if you return it in 14 days). GTA V when it 1st came out, I was playing everyday after uni / work till a few years ago when I only just played it on weekends / when dlc came out. Now its fleeting (although I will admit I am eagerly awaiting the open wheel dlc and the 80s era F1 cars). Currently, im debating whether or not to get P5r or watch_dogs legion as both are interesting games but both have very long run times (the former 100 hours+, the latter no idea).
(edited 4 years ago)
yeah that game sure is addictive
Reply 6
Find a new game?
haha i got abit hooked on gta 5. but once you are occupied with other things don't even think of it
the strip club be hitting different tho

just go gym you'll get addicted to that
Reply 9
I haven't enjoyed GTA since San Andreas.

Loved getting franklin super buff in the gym then super fat. He was hilarious on a bicycle.
GTA 4 was okay but didn't feel the same.
As for GTA 5 it didn't click for me.
Original post by adam271
I haven't enjoyed GTA since San Andreas.

Loved getting franklin super buff in the gym then super fat. He was hilarious on a bicycle.
GTA 4 was okay but didn't feel the same.
As for GTA 5 it didn't click for me.

Have you been addicted
Original post by rk861
Find a new game?

I only like gta, I used to play need for speed and I got addicted to that as well but I think gta took over the addiction then.
You need a new hobby my friend, something to keep you distracted from it.
Original post by MidgetFever
You need a new hobby my friend, something to keep you distracted from it.

Ive been thinking about going to car meets but Ive not passed my test yet and my mate has moved house so lives too far to come to my local ones
Same with me.
That game had me HOOKED!! I loved it.

I don't know what happened but I think the cd disc got lost or got scratched and wouldn't work anymore. Nope.
I remember now, the PS4 packed up and nobody was gonna buy us one (for all of us to share) so it took so time to adapt. I eventually got over it of course. And I haven't played that game since 2017.

Maybe you should find another game that interests you or do something educational in between to keep your mind off things.
Same with me.

I don't know what happened but I think the cd disc got lost or got scratched and wouldn't work anymore. Nope.
I remember now, the PS4 packed up and nobody was gonna buy us one (for all of us to share) so it took so time to adapt. I eventually got over it of course. And I haven't played that game since 2017.

Maybe you should find another game that interests you or do something educational in between to keep your mind off things.

When im at college studying I just want to go home and just play gta but I just know I cant coz the ps4 is barely avalible anymore. I tried other games, fifa 20, gone home it just doesnt work.
When im at college studying I just want to go home and just play gta but I just know I cant coz the ps4 is barely avalible anymore. I tried other games, fifa 20, gone home it just doesnt work.

You should get yourself a job and save money aside so you can buy one yourself. Maybe if you get a second hand/used one online they are normally affordable.
You should get yourself a job and save money aside so you can buy one yourself. Maybe if you get a second hand/used one online they are normally affordable.

I just will end up doing the job and get the money for the ps4 then quitting
Same with me.

I'm back! Owner of this comment made previously.
I bought myself a PS4 and bought GTA 5 to play. Yay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending