The Student Room Group

Uni of Southampton Accommodation

Hiya, as a foreign student I have some questions about the University of Southampton’s accommodations.

1) how is the food that is served in the catered accommodation. Do you recommend it than cooking? Is it cheaper that way? If so, which is the best option Wessex Lane or Highfield Halls?

2) if it’s not catered accommodation, which hall will you recommend? (En suite room)
Original post by alex.borisova
Hiya, as a foreign student I have some questions about the University of Southampton’s accommodations.

1) how is the food that is served in the catered accommodation. Do you recommend it than cooking? Is it cheaper that way? If so, which is the best option Wessex Lane or Highfield Halls?

2) if it’s not catered accommodation, which hall will you recommend? (En suite room)

I lived in City Gateway. It’s postgraduate only so don’t know if that is applicable to you or not but it is self catered so I can answer some questions on that if it helps?

Wessex lane is made of up many blocks of flats (it actually the largest student accommodation in Europe) but some blocks are newer than others and there is no way of knowing what you will be assigned to.

Not heard much about Highfield so can’t comment.

I liked self-catered because it meant I could cook what I wanted when I wanted it. Also my flat would have meals together that we would all help cook so also meant I got to know my flat mates well. I would say I spent about £20 a week on food.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending