The Student Room Group

Ldr and exams

I was wondering if anyone had any advice about maintaining long distance relationships during the exam season?

Our exams roughly commence 20th may and end middle of june (17th?). We are first year at uni, and started going out straight after a levels, so I haven't navigated a relationship during exams. We are 110 miles away, which is 2 hr drive, longer by train. Obviously we will be revising before the exams start and want to focus on this, but I don't want the relationship to be struggling and for me to be worrying about that when I should focus on revision?
I would just give them a heads up that you wanna focus on revision and contact him for a bit when you're taking a break from revision
yeah i agree u need to tell them that ur gonna be busy revising for exams and u wont be able to meet up as often due to that but once exams seasons r over u can meet whenever ur both available.
Hi there. My boyfriend (LDR too) has been with me through my GCSEs, A-Levels, and first Uni semester exams, so it’s been a rollercoaster! Honestly, if your partner is a normal and considerate person, then they’ll understand that you have to dedicate a little less time to them and focus on Uni. They’ll probably feel the same way! Just a tip- as long as you don’t get distracted, you could always set up a call and revise together, so you’re existing together but you’re getting your work done. Plus you can text each other! I’d send my boyfriend my notes and he’d quiz me on them when I was doing GCSEs. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending