The Student Room Group

Sexual assault

If two people have drunk sex and the next morning the woman says “you raped me” and laughs. The guy is then very paranoid a few days later about the comment and messages the girl saying “you said I raped you I’d never do that”. Would that get the guy in trouble or not ?
Original post by JDavies34566
If two people have drunk sex and the next morning the woman says “you raped me” and laughs. The guy is then very paranoid a few days later about the comment and messages the girl saying “you said I raped you I’d never do that”. Would that get the guy in trouble or not ?

If they're both drunk then being 100% technical they would both have raped each other as neither person was in a state to give consent. This is a posh way of saying the guy wouldn't get into trouble. Rape has to consist of one person either forcefully or manipulatively engaging in unconsented sex with another person. If neither person was in a state to give consent then there cannot be a rapist if that makes sense. No trouble for the guy.
The text could be used as evidence that the female had made the rape allegation and the male was aware of it by a specific date.
But the text does not contain an admission of rape or any other relevant information.

Do bear in mind that being drunk and having sex does not automatically equal rape or sexual assault.
Alcohol consumption does not automatically mean that sex is non-consensual or that the female's consent to sex will be viewed as lacking/invalid.
Rape charges focus on whether consent was given and also whether the guy acted in the belief that he had received consent for all sexual activities.
If a complaint is made to the police, they will investigate and seek both people's version of events.
Along with any text/social media communications, dna evidence, results of blood tests, witness testimony and cctv footage.
Original post by JDavies34566

No. Because you didn't rape her... (unless you did of course).

If you didn't rape her, you have nothing to worry about and if she tries to press charges, she has no evidence. Just your word against hers.
BUT the justice system these days is so biased to women that it's likely they'd believe her over you. But it probably won't even get to court. SO DON'T WORRY.
this is brazy lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending