The Student Room Group

Changing University Course

Hello,

I did 2 A-Levels last year at school and I am sitting one at home currently. I applied through my old school through UCAS to university. Is it possible to change the course I have applied to? I haven't received any offers yet as I have interviews to attend. How do I go about changing course if this is possible? Will I need to write another personal statement? I am looking to change to Business/Marketing.
Reply 1
Original post by tj128
Hello,

I did 2 A-Levels last year at school and I am sitting one at home currently. I applied through my old school through UCAS to university. Is it possible to change the course I have applied to? I haven't received any offers yet as I have interviews to attend. How do I go about changing course if this is possible? Will I need to write another personal statement? I am looking to change to Business/Marketing.

you can do it on ucas website,
Reply 2
Original post by lcc2020
you can do it on ucas website,

Do you know how? I checked and couldn't find it.
Reply 3
there should have an EXTRA option
Original post by tj128
Hello,

If you want to change the course but not your universities then you need to ring (not email) your universities and ask them if a swap to the other course is possible and if it is what you need to do.

If you’re not happy with your universities and want to apply to a new university then you’ll need to withdraw from your current choices and apply late to a new university through UCAS extra (after contacting the university to make sure they’ll accept a late application still).
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
If you want to change the course but not your universities then you need to ring (not email) your universities and ask them if a swap to the other course is possible and if it is what you need to do.

If you’re not happy with your universities and want to apply to a new university then you’ll need to withdraw from your current choices and apply late to a new university through UCAS extra (after contacting the university to make sure they’ll accept a late application still).

does it a risky change to withdraw a course in this stage, doesn't it?
Original post by lcc2020
does it a risky change to withdraw a course in this stage, doesn't it?

It’s riskier to start a degree in a subject you don’t want to study.
Reply 7
true but number of choices are less now
Reply 8
wish everybody makes a good choice, good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending