The Student Room Group

Graduation Gift for my boyfriend

Although I know it is not expected, I am really looking forward to celebrating my boyfriend finishing university soon. He truly has worked so hard to be where he is, and I know it was never easy for him, but I have no idea what to get him?? I don't know what is appropriate or anything, I go to uni as well so I know that I would appreciate it if he did it in return, it doesn't have to be crazy or expensive. Just something nice, so he understands how proud I am of him.
Original post by -blank_blank-
Although I know it is not expected, I am really looking forward to celebrating my boyfriend finishing university soon. He truly has worked so hard to be where he is, and I know it was never easy for him, but I have no idea what to get him?? I don't know what is appropriate or anything, I go to uni as well so I know that I would appreciate it if he did it in return, it doesn't have to be crazy or expensive. Just something nice, so he understands how proud I am of him.

I bought a couple of gifts for graduation - the university were selling sweatshirts with everyone’s name on it who was graduating in the same ceremony so there was an engineering sweatshirt, an Arts and Social Sciences sweatshirt etc with the university name, year and names of everyone graduating from whatever faculty you wanted. This was about £33 (I think) and was very personal. It had the names of classmates as well as your own name.
Additionally there were cufflinks and silk ties which had the university colours or picture of the campus on them - again a nice memento - can’t remember cost.
Original post by -blank_blank-

Apart from the usual university-branded stuff universities sell on the day, I saw a lot of people get a watch for their graduation.
Reply 3
Hi,

If your low on funds, a cute idea would be a scrapbook or a 'memory jar', find any pictures or posts from his time at university and stick them all in a big book. You can include pictures of you and him together during his time at uni, maybe funny memes etc. I think having something to look back on in years to come would be awesome and it makes it more personal for him.. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending